Ok everyone, check out this announcement from the First Presidency.
“Missionaries are to write to their families each week and are also authorized to communicate by email with friends, priesthood leaders, and new converts. Mission presidents should allow sufficient time on preparation day for missionaries to write emails and letters. While in the mission field, missionaries should receive authorization from the mission president before entering into communication, including via email, with converts and others of the opposite gender within the mission boundaries”
So ya, that is pretty dang awesome. I can now email or receive emails from ANY family or friends. That really is pretty groundbreaking. So let it be known! Start getting email addresses for me! Oh ya, and we are also allowed to email for 2 hours now, instead of 1. So, I will probably send a lot more emails to everyone instead of hand written stuff to save time and money. Unless you want a hand written one, then just telll me.
The David family's official date is March 30th. At least it better be. They are planning on being baptised in the ocean, but we don't know if that will work because we aren't sure when high tide is yet. I went down to the ocean and stuck my hand in the water to see how cold it was, and it was definitely really cold. I'm sure the Atlantic ocean is always cold though. We taught them the Law of Tithing last week, and it was pretty much the easiest tithing lesson I will ever teach. She already knew about it and says was way excited to live it before we even shared the lesson. They are all so solid.
We found a couple more investigators as well, so things are really picking up here. We had the David family and a man named Ade at church and we also had a less active man named CK there. All Africans. African people are so spiritual.
So, St Patricks Day was cool except we had to be in our flats by 6pm. And we weren't allowed to go in the City Centres to proselyte at all. We drove through the city centre a couple times and it was pretty crazy. Everyone was drunk and wearing funny green stuff. I bought a leprechaun hat and a St Patricks day shirt. We wore our stuff to see Elder and Sister Wilson and they thought it was prettty funny. I got an epic leprachaun picture in front of Galway Bay that I will attach. But ya, it was pretty much like I imagined it. Drunk people everywhere. haha We had this drunk teenager following us around while we were trying to street contact telling us that he loved us and trying to hug us. Then he was telling us about how he loves Obama because he is trying to legalize weed. He was sooo wasted and he was talking way loud. It was pretty funny, but it ruined our attempt to do street contacting.
We are going out to help a less active guy way out in the country this week. His name is Dennis Walker and it's like an hour and a half drive to get there. I volunteered to help him on his farm and he was pretty happy to accept. I have always dreamed about working on someones farm in Ireland. It sounds soo sick! I'm not sure what we will be doing yet, but it should be pretty epic.
We have been teaching tons of intellectual college kids lately. They all think they are soo brilliant. haha They are always nice though and open to talk. We have had some really spiritual discussions with them. The main thing that we need to remember is that people just need to feel the Spirit. It really doesn't matter what we teach or how smart we are if they aren't feeling the Spirit. If they feel the Spirit, they won't be argumentative anymore and we can actually find out what they really need to hear. If we can get people to feel the Spirit, then we are successful.
I love you all!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment