I have worried that you all thought I forgot to wirte, but I didn't! Well, the mtc is pretty awesome. I am the district leader! I look forward to not being indoors all day, but I actually, really like it here. The food is delicious. The reason it's delicious is because you can choose from a variety of things every meal and eat as much as you want. I have actually lost a few pounds but not from lack of eating. I think just because I am actually eating 3 meals a day instead of gourging on a box of pizza and a bunch of cheeseburgers twice a day. I am lovin my district so far. None of the elders play sports and most of them like singing, but they all have good senses of humor so they can appreciate my comedy haha. Yes it is true that we are staying in Elder Archulettas old room. They havehad to move him around a few times because people start harassing him and wanting pictures and autographs. So, sadly I have not had the oppurtunity to choke him. He sits just a few tables away from us in the cafateria. I accidentally told you we have 6 sisters, but we really only have 5. Sister Guison(Missouri) Sister Barber(Ireland) Sister Anderson(West Virginia) Sister Cole(California) Sister Nelson(can't remember she just got her haha)
The Elders are Elder Park(West Jordan) Elder Kinnard(England, he has a way heavy accent) Elder Luna(California) Elder Dean(Proveo) Elder Brown(Utah). They all love to sing and play pc games haha. So when we go to the gym they enjoy playing volleyball or walking the track. ha but I make them play basketball usually or I just lift weights. I always tell sister Barber and Elder Kinnard that I play the REAL football and it makes them mad everytime. haha Sister Barber talks really fast and doesn't take crap. Our branch presidents name was president Thorpe, but he just got released and our new one's name is President Hickens. They are both awesome men.
There are also a bunch of cedar boys here. I have seen andrew wilson, devin carpenter and merrick taylor. Jessica Forsyth also came and talked to me and acted like we are friends, but I can't remember if I know her haha. So far I have only got a picture with Merrick, but I will get the rest soon enough.
We had a really cool devotional on Sunday. They started it off by having some girls play lead kindly light on their violins and cellos. It was really cool because that is my favorite song and I was really hoping that they would play it. Elder Brown just slapped me and I had to resist the urge to punch him really hard haha just thought I would tell you that. Anyway after the musical number, Russel Ballard spoke to us. His talk was really good he just talked about the importance of missionary work. I forgot, before he went Elder Archuletta sang the spirit of God. It was pretty good, but I've seen better. Hah no it was way spiritual and a cool experience. When Elder Ballard got up, he said, "Elder Archuletta, you're a tough act to follow." It was pretty funny.
I am worried about Hazey as well. Is he doing better now?! It makes me sad to think that he is in the hospital. He has learned to be tough from the best though (me) so I'm sure he will be ok. hah no but I really am worried about him and I say prayers form him all the time.
Ok scratch that last email. It's all good, the timer disappeared for some reason. Lucky.
I want to thank everyone that has sent me letter. Letters are like gold here. It is epic when I go get the mail and find stuff in there for me. I get to go get it cause I'm district leader. It's a fun responsibilty. I especially liked the cinnamon rolls. They are delicious and I shared them with the other elders. I will be writing everyone back this week so tell them that too.
Well I love you all and the church is true. My testimony is getting so much stronger here. The spirit is everywhere. It's cool to be somewhere where nobody judges you for doing the right thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment