Monday, May 14, 2012

05.14.12

Elder Goodwin in his first area, Coleraine.

It was sooo nice to hear all your voices yesterday! I have been looking forward to that for a long time. It sounds like you are all doing good. It was way encouraging to get to hear from you all.
 
I decided that my favorite scripture is now Alma 56:47. It changes a lot, but right now that is my favorite one. So you can put that on my plaque. Also, I realized that I never answered the question about the address. I looked at the letters and none of them say Ireland, so I'm pretty sure you just put UK.
 
Well, I pretty much already told you everything. haha. so I will try to think of some other stuff thats been going on. I recently learned that Elder Vollheim snores really loud, it's almost not natural. hah I am really glad that I brought some ear plugs because I had to use them the last few nights. We are starting to get a lot more comfortable around each other. It was funny because he was scared to talk to his family, because he couldn't remember how to speak Norwegian. hah.
 
The weather here is rainy yet again. It looked nice a couple of hours ago, but now it's pretty stormy. That is the price you have to pay to get soo much green and pretty things though. It never really rains way hard for a long time. Just random showers throughout the day. They said it doesn't usually get way cold in the winter either so that is good. I'm sure it will feel colder because of the humidity though.
 
Driving here was intense. There are no intersections, just round abouts. The streets are all way small and none of them are straight. People just park randomly in the road so you have to weave around a lot. The cars come within inches of each other all the time. It was different, but I thought it was pretty fun. They only have small cars here. I haven't seen any trucks at all. I saw a jeep once, but that is a rare sighting.
 
The guy who wrote the hymn "There is a Green Hill Far Away" was supposedly looking at a hill in our area when he wrote it. One of the leaders is going to take us to the house where he wrote it and show us the hill this week, so that should be prettty neat.
 
Well, I hope you all have a good week. I think about you all and pray for you everyday. I can feel all of your prayers as well. I love you all so much.
Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment