![]() |
| Giants Causeway |
![]() |
| Hero shot in Port Stewart |
![]() |
| Me and Elder Vollheim (current companion) |
It is sooo warm outside right now. Close to 90 farenheit. People are saying it's the best weather they have seen here their whole lives. There aren't even any clouds or anything. I even had to put on sunblock. Elder Vollheim is the first person I've ever met that burns quicker than me, hah I guess it's cause he's from Norway and they never see the sun.
Well, a highlight of last week was doing some service. We got to go over to Matt Black's house, out in the countryside and do some work for him. We helped dig out some weeds, then we tossed some logs for him. It was pretty exciting to actually get to do some tough manual labor. His house/property are beautiful. He's got a river running through the backyard and it's all so green. He is a nice guy too. They bought us some chinese food when we got done. This week we are going out to a less active family to help them knock down a fence and fix their driveway. That should be pretty exciting. I think the people are starting to like us a lot since we are always helping them. We are also going to help a lady clean out her rain gutters.
I just barely got back from Giants Causeway. That place is crazy. It's amazing that all the formations there are completely natural. It looks like someone went there and just placed thousands of bricks. I will upload all the pictures I took. In June we will probably go golfing in Port Rush for one of our P-Days. That place is legendary, and I think it would be awesome to go there. I bought a golf club for 6 pounds and today I went out back and hit some rocks in the river hah. I also bought a pretty nice Ireland Football jersey for 5 pounds. It was like 80 percent off so they must have sucked this year haha but I don't care about soccer anyway. Oh and don't mind the weird indian shirt I'm wearing in some the pictures, my companion gave me it and demanded that I wear it today hah.
I got a package from Shen last Monday. It is an epic package full of delicious things. I was so happy when I got it. That's way nice of her, cause shipping is WAY expensive to get stuff over here. I can finally make some proper PB and J sandwiches now.
How is little William Benson? I'm gonna need some more pictures of him ASAP. He looks pretty cute from the one I've seen though.
We also got to go out to Port Stewart to teach a less active lady, but she ended up not keeping the appointment. Norman (our mission leader) just took the scenic route back to Coleraine and we took some pretty good pictures. I will upload those as well. He is just an epic black guy haha he is always telling us how he is gonna go outside and work on his tan.
Our branch is doing a 40 day fast for missionary work. I think it's a way good idea. We made a list and everyone signs up for a day where they will fast, so everyday for 40 days, someone in the branch will be fasting. It has been going on for about 3 weeks now so it is almost over. On Sunday, me and Elder Vollheim were supposed to give talks, but the lady who went before us talked for 40 minutes, so we just did our testimonies hah.
Well, keep up the good work family. You are all in my prayers everyday. I love you all.
Elder Goodwin



No comments:
Post a Comment