Monday, January 13, 2014

01.13.14

Moldy soup. A member gave us some nice soup but the we accidentally left it out on the counter for about 3 weeks. It was nasty and really stinky and we didn't know what to do with it so we poured it down the gutter.

Preaching the Book of Mormon to all of Belfast. 

Absurd birthday pic.

Slim fit suit
 
Hey this Sunday will be the last moves call of my mission. I've named this moves call "sudden death" because it is the deciding factor in my place of death as a missionary. In other words, I am nearing my last transfer. 

Thank you for all the birthday wishes and packages, they were all awesome and loved. It did hinder my 6 months to sexy plan, but it's back in action now. ha! My birthday was definitely one to remember. It started out just like any other day. We went finding in the rain and what not and had some good lessons. But, then I decided to buy myself a birthday present. And by birthday present I mean a European slim fit suit. It's a pretty awesome suit and I will send a picture of it, but I still  might trade it in for a different one cause I suck at buying things and I always get buyers remorse no matter what I buy. Europeans know how to make sharp looking dress clothes though. Anyway, one of the members here - Alison Tracey - was having us over for the evening cause her husband is a non-member and she likes us to teach him. So, I thought nothing of it, but then we got there and there were a bunch of other people there and I started to get suspicious. Then, we went in the other room and they had some happy birthday banners on the wall and a bunch of food. So, I received my second ever surprise birthday party! It was amazing! Even though  I suck at handling surprises and gifts I tried my best and we all had a fun time. So I had as much fun as possible while still being a missionary.

In other news, we found a truly golden family. We were just chapping doors in the neighbourhood and they invited us to come back a different day. So, we went back not expecting too much, cause when someone says to come back a different day, they usually mean, "I'm not interested, but I'm too polite to tell you so I will dodge the appointment instead." Well, we went back and they immediately let us in and told us they had been expecting us and that they had read the whole pamphlet we gave them. Their parents names are Martin and Angela and they have 5 kids. 3 of them are over the age of 8. They have been looking for a church to go to because they have a very strong faith in Christ and they read the bible everyday, but they haven't found a church they feel it right. They are so spiritually in tune and they are very smart people. They even have pictures of Jesus hanging up all over the house. Their standards are already very similar to our teaching so we are very excited to teach them again this Friday

Still not too much word from Neil. He's been going through some hard things lately, so we only get a text from him once in awhile. We are hopeful that we will finally get to see him again tomorrow

Mark is still a champion. He's coming to institute this week because he wants to know more about the Book of Mormon and he's still planning on playing some snooker with us sometime. He's feeling the Spirit every time he reads and he's about half way through the book now.

Elder Stringer and I had the opportunity to give a baby a blessing yesterday, which was a pretty neat experience. He just had a wee cold and the blessing seemed to help. Little kids are so awesome. There is always such a strong spirit around them and they learn things so fast. We always play this game called chair football and it takes adults ages to learn it, but when we teach kids how to play they learn it the first time we explain it. Don't know why I added that. ha!

Oh and I've also had my last regular interview with President Brown. The next interview I have with him will be my exit interview. He said some really nice things to me and it meant a lot. I'm thankful for him and his loving leadership. 

P day will be fun today cause one of the members here is an amateur boxer and he's gonna teach Elder Stringer and I how to box. We aren't allowed to hit each other, only punching bags, but it will still be great. ha!

Well, that's about it for this past week. I love you all so much and hope you are having fun. Stay true!

Elder Goodwin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment