FAMILY!

Hey everyone. This week has been pretty good. We have been finding new investigators and things are really starting to pick up. The member work is especially going well. When I first came here, the Bishop never even talked to us and the members didn't help very much, but now I think we have gained their trust and gain it more every week. Probably just by being obedient and working hard. I think they can just tell that we work hard and try our best. Now, the bishop gives us names to go see every week and they actually include us at ward council. It's pretty exciting to see things finally picking up!

Did I ever tell you all about the Celtic games here? The Celtics are the local football club and people are OBSESSED with them. The stadium is pretty close to our flat, so on game days, we can  barely get anywhere because the streets are flooded with fans going to the stadium. Like a bunch of dang buffalo! Ha! (Got that saying from Dad in Vegas) But anyway, they wear the same colors as the Boston Celtics, so the whole east side of glasgow is just packed full of people wearing green. I bought a pretty sick celtic jersey so that I can remember it someday. The 1 thing that you should never talk about in Scotland is the Celtics or their rivals, the rangers. ha people fight about their football teams all the time. It's hilarious, because in America nobody even knows who their local soccer team is! But here, it's like the manliest sport you can do! 

We had to come inside early on P day last week, because it was bonfire night and they light lots of fireworks, so they wanted to make sure that the missionaries weren't out lighting fireworks. Ha so we had to be inside by 6. I took the oppurtunity to go to bed at 8 30 and it was awesome. Sleeping rules. ha! We also ate some dominoes. The dominoes here is better than in America. It's so good, but it's pretty expensive, so we don't get it very often. It was exciting to eat some good pizza though, just though I would let you know about it. 

The weather here isn't too bad. It's always cloudy, but that really doesn't bother me. I heard that it will probably be quite a mild winter. It hasn't really snowed or anything. It gets pretty cold, but it's never unbearable. Probably because I'm like some type of grizzly bear that doesn't feel the cold or something. 

Well, I forgot the list of things I was going to write to you about, so I'm not sure what else to include in here. I will make a lot longer letter next week. But, really, life is good here. I enjoy Glasgow so much and the experiences I'm having here. We've met lots of really nice people on the streets and even some that said we can come by and teach them. So, hopefully things will keep going good. So ya, life is good. I love you all and pray for you all. 

Elder Goodwin