Well, not too much to report on this week. Again. Oh ya, President called and I'm getting moved to the Belgium/Netherlands/Peru/Argentina mission. Just thought I would let you all know.
We had MANOK on Saturday night. Moves Anticipation Night Of Kebabs. It's where we just go buy a Kebab and think about moves call. Pretty obvious. haha It's fun though, because we had a combined MANOK this time. We met a bunch of other missionaries at the church. Elders Parsons, Robinson, Snowden, Witt, Bayer, Moser, Crosby, Griffin and my son, Elder Windhausen. It was a pretty fun time and the Kebab guy delivered them like an hour late, so we didn't have to pay full price. I'm really starting to like Kebabs. I finally figured out what donner meat is. A bunch of random parts of a sheep mashed into a big piece of meet and then roasted on some stick. It goes around in circles and when the outside layer is done, they shave it off and sell it. It looks pretty nasty, but it's really good. And unhealthy. It's kind of like the concept of hot dog meat in America. Not much happend with moves. The Australian Elder is moving, but everyone else in our district is staying. I'm pretty happy about it, because I really like this District.
The ward work is still going better all the time. We got a referral from a member last week, which is probably comparable to parting the red sea in this area. We have an appointment with him next week and that's pretty exciting. The members are starting to like us a lot better. Bishop actually talks to us and likes us. He never talked to us when I first got here. He also gives us names of people to go by and see how they are doing. It's cool to see the improvement in the member work.
We had a pretty funny dinner appointment with an old lady last week. She cooked some pretty strange foods for us. haha she is a classic old lady though. She feeds us things that are like 3 years expired and thinks they only have expiration dates because it's a conspiracy to get more money. She also brought her neighbor and he was really nice. He had no shame in telling us some strange things, but was nice, nonetheless. ha! I love random situations like that.
I think I've already told you that we go to a nursing home to see this old guy named Dougie every week. He is hilarious. He told us that when he went to his room one night, there was an old lady on his bed, and he thought she was a prostitute so he tried to punch her and now he's in trouble. We were trying so so hard not to start laughing. We managed to stay controlled. He is the funniest old guy ever.
I got to go on exchanges with one of the Zone Leaders this week. Elder Snowden. It was pretty fun to talk about all the American things that we can't talk about with our companions, because they don't understand them. Namely American Football or Basketball or baseball or whatever. I have to say American football when I talk about it here, or everyone will think I'm talking about soccer. Sometimes I just say "the real mans football" and it bugs people. Ha
Anyway, that's what's happening this week. I hope you're all enjoying life and staying on the straight and narrow. If in doubt, PRAY. And if not in doubt, pray anyway. And then read the scriptures and go to church. and then do some missionary work. OHHHH. Anyway, I love you all and pray for you all.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment