Monday, December 3, 2012

12.03.12

Yo family!
 
Whoa! It's so weird that December is already here and I've almost been on my mission for 8 months. It's really crazy for me to think about. Time flies.
 
On Tuesday, we went to Edinburgh for smart start. That is for all the trainers and trainees to pretty much see what they've learned and get them started. My son made his father (me) proud! It was a pretty good day except for the role plays. I think role plays are so foolish sometimes. But, they really do work and they help a lot. But, they are still foolish and I feel like an idiot when I have to do them. It was good for Elder Windhausen to see all of the Elders he came out with and it was pretty fun to see all of the other trainers.
 
I have to be in a choir again and as usual, I am not ammused. It's supposed to be pretty legit though. It's all the missionaries from 2 different zones and we have practices for it a lot, then we go sing in a mall and raise money for charity. People think we are the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or something. When we practice, we sit in different parts of the chapel according to what type of singer you are. Everyone who has no idea how to sing parts or sing anything stands in the middle and acts casual and tries to sing melody or something. That's where I stand. I bet it will be pretty cool, though. We are all probably gonna be wearing santa hats.
 
A couple days ago, we got approached by this 40 year old, creepy lady in the street and she was like 2 inches from my face while she was talking to us. Right up in my grill. She told us to come by her flat and teach her what we believe sometime and we said we would go by the next day. We went there and she opened the door and got up in my grill again and creeped me out, then she said she forgot about the appointment, THEN, she said, "I can't see you today because my niece is undressing in the other room", "I'm so sorry, give me some cuddles." She came at us and was trying to hug us both at the same time, but I looked at her and just said, "No!" hahah it was pretty funny. Elder Windhausen didn't know what to do. We won't be going back there anytime soon, to say the least.
 
The weather here is really cold now. It finally snowed last night, for the first time. Only like an inch, but everyone was sliding around on the road, because everything just turns to ice way fast. My coat dominates though and I stay pretty warm. I hope it snows more because it's weird to have it be Christmas time and have no snow.
 
The members here are awesome. We have been getting 5 or 6 dinner appointments every week, the last few weeks. That is really exciting for this area and it's way fun to see them all. We also got invited over to the Hann's house for Christmas and Christmas Eve, so I should be able to skype from there. That will be exciting.
 
Anwyay, that's all that has been happening lately. I hope you're all doing well and you are all in my prayers. Have an awesome week!
 
Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment