Yo everyone!
Christmas time is here and it's pretty weird to be in a different country, away from all my family! But, it's pretty awesome here, too. All the stores are playing Christmas music and a few houses have lights on them. The snow from last week is all gone, but it's still pretty cold. The Christmas traditions here are pretty much the same, except they have like 3 different celebrations. The day before Christmas, christmas, and the day after. I think it's called boxing day or something but I'm not sure.
We had a miracle happen this week. We have been teaching a Less active guy named William since I first got here a few months ago, and he never does anything. We recently taught him about family history/geneology and he came to the family history centre with us on Wednesday. The best part, is that he came to church on Sunday after that. He just needed to break down the barrier of walking in the door for the first time in years and who would've thought that family history was the way to do that. Now, he has all the birth certificates and other information he needs for geneology and he is meeting with the family history director on his own because he is so excited. Pretty good stuff! We also met with the born again basher and it was really annoying again. She refuses to listen to anything. I was debating in my mind on whether I should testify about the Book of Mormon, or kick over the table and throw my glass at the wall. Ha! I decided to testify of the Book of Mormon. We told her if she needs anything to call us, but we really can't do anything unless she is willing to listen.
We also found an awesome new investigator. We stopped him in the street one night and taught him about the Book of Mormon and how it's helped us and gave him a copy. We said a prayer and everything, but it didn't seem too unusual to me. We went to meet with him again on Saturday, and I honestly didn't think he would be at the flat for the appointment. He answered the door and was so excited to talk to us. He has already read 5 or 6 chapters of the Book of Mormon and he willingly said the prayer at the end of the lesson on his own. The Spirit was way strong and he even said that he will be baptised when he finds the truth. I asked him if he would like us to mark a chapter in the Book of Mormon to read, but he said he would like to read it all on his own and asked if that's ok. Ha! It was soo good. We are seeing him again tonight so I hope it goes well.
I ate some more haggis the other day at a members house and I have to say, it's pretty good. It's really spice. I'm not sure how to explain it. It's way ground up and it looks black. She gave us the choice of blood pudding or haggis and I will take haggis anyday. Blood pudding freaks me out. We have been eating good lately. We get a dinner appointment almost every night and it's always something delicious. I will learn to cook some Scottish stuff so that I can make it for you all when I get home.
Well, I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season and the CHRISTMAS trees. (NOT HOLIDAY TREES) Christmas trees. I love you all and pray for you all. Pictures are me and Bro Buist next to the Christmas tree I decorated and Sister McCulloch.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment