It's Christmas time at our house! That brings back some good Christmas memories. Anyway, I probably won't be calling/skyping because I'm planning on going into hibernation for awhile. I hope thats ok. But really here are the details for the anticipated Christmas skype-
Yes, I can skype you on Christmas. Unless I give you further notice here is the time. Christmas day at 7:00 Scotland time. Which would be 12:00 there? For sure 7:00 Scotland time. I just made a skype account and my name is [xxxx] in Glasgow. So you can try and add me and stuff. Also, make your own skype account. So here are the steps for you. 1-Make your own skype account 2-add me as a friend. Then we should be ready to go. We are going to go and test it out with some members tomorrow to see if it works. Just ask around to make sure you've got everything ready. I don't know anything about skype so I will be doing the same.
Time to give a shoutout to Bear. She was an awesome dog and she will be missed. I am really sad to hear that she got put down, but it really was time. She had awesome antics and she loved us. I will get another dog when I come back to make sure that things keep getting chewed up and pooped on. And that the lawn will still have trails in it. ha!
Christmas is here and it's so weird to me. I've been gone for quite awhile and I can remember when I was new, thinking that it would feel like 40 years before I got to 8 months. Then time just flew by and here we are! I definitely miss you all, but I know that I'm in the right place and the rest of my mission will keep on flying by. I hope you all have fun in good ol Cedar City though. The Christmas traditions here are pretty similar to America. All the stores have huge sales and everyone buys a bunch of stuff. It's a fun time of year.
Last week, me and Elder Lever were on exchanges and we were walking around in City Centre. A guy came up and introduced himself and told us that he is a member in Irvine. We had a nice chat and then he asked me where I was from. When I told him Cedar City, he got really excited and told me that he has a cousin there! Then he asked me if I know Jane Hoyt (his cousin) and I was way excited to tell him that she is my neighbor! His name was Alec Hutchinson. It really is a small world and it's so awesome when these things happen. Who would've thought that I would meet him in the middle of Glasgow City Centre?
We had a huge mission conference last week. All of the missionaries in Scotland gathered in Edinburgh to hear a member of the first quorum of the seventy speak to us. His name is Elder Kearon. It was way good and he gave us a lot of really good advice. I don't have enought time to write all the stuff he told us, but it was awesome. We all lined up so that he could shake each missionarie's hand and look into our eyes. Then, at the end he chose a few missionaries to interview. I got to see my MTC companion there for the first time since we left Provo. That was pretty fun, too.
I taught my first Skype lesson to a lady when I was on exchanges yesterday. She lives a few hours away and so they skype her. It was really cool, but I felt pretty strange talking to a computer screen. I think I was talking really loud at first because I didn't know what to do. Anyway it was pretty cool, the Spirit can testify even through skype.
I will end by throwing in a missionary thought about Christmas. We talked about this in Priesthood last week. Prepare to be preached to. It's funny to see how everyone makes sure they are completely prepared for Christmas by buying gifts and food and all the other stuff. Christmas will come every year. But, the thing that we don't take into consideration is that this is the Saviour's birth celebration. And we need to prepare for his return every day of our lives, because it will only happen ONCE. How great will it be when that day comes if we can look Him in the eye and tell him that we tried our best, and that we were loyal to him.
I better end this for the week. I love you all and hope you have the best Christmas ever. I won't be able to email again until next friday, I think, but that's ok because we get to talk! I am excited to hear from you on Christmas!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment