Monday, June 3, 2013

06.03.13

So, it's been another great week in Glasgow.

We had an interesting change in the mission during the leadership council on Friday. In the past, the missionaries within the same ward have had their own boundaries. For example, there is one other set of missionaries in our ward. They are in Springboig 1, which is where I served before. It covers the East end of glasgow and our area covers the north. Now, any missionaries in the same ward boundaries no longer have their own area. We will both coordinate our efforts and share the whole of the ward boundaries together. So, I am officially serving in my old area again because now I am allowed to proselyte there and see all the people I used to know there. It's pretty cool. Especially because now we will be getting more dinner appointments from all my old friends there.

Another interesting City centre GQ experience. I stopped this guy and tried to give him a card, but it turns out he was drunk and crazy. Haha he crumpled up the card and was shouting at me like 2 inches from my face. But then, he started being nice and I was being nice, so he just went on his way. It was pretty funny, all the other missionaries laughed.

I'm sitting here emailing with Elder Rawlinson from Eden, utah. Just thought I would add that in because he wanted to be included in the family email.

We have a way solid investigator now. Her name is Natasha and she is going to a dance school in Oban. It's like a 2 hour drive from here, but no missionaries cover the area, so the Zone Leaders get to cover it. She referred herself to a member family up there who runs the dance school. The same people that I got to go and see like 6 months ago. Anyway, she came to church yesterday and we taught her after. It was one of the best lessons I've ever been a part of. We taught her the plan of salvation and she already believes it's true and she said she could feel the spirit while we taught her.  She prayed about the Book of Mormon last week and she says she had a very special feeling and that she believes it's true as well. She is training to be a legitimate ballerina and she was an actress for some famous TV show. She is completely golden.

I don't have a ton of time today and I forgot my list of stuff I wanted to write you all about, so I will add it next week. I am off to play dodgeball. I love you all!

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment