Monday, June 10, 2013

06.10.13


So, I was looking back over some of my last emails and I realized that they are getting pretty lame to read. So, I've been keeping a list with me of these to write you all about, so hopefully this one is better.
 
Good news! I was able to participate in a shirtless prank! Here's how. So, we were at a dinner apointment with a couple called the Milne's. Gordon Milne is not a member, but his wife is. They are probably about 50 years old. He is class though. We were eating in there and then we looked out the window and saw the other set of missionaries tracting around the neighborhood. They didn't know we were there and they don't know the Milne's, so we all started scheming about something funny we could do to them. So, I told Bro. Milne to answer the door like a nutcase with his shirt off because he has a bunch of epic tattoos. I also told him to start acting like he was going to fight them. So, they come walking up to the door and he just explodes out onto the porch without his shirt and yells at them, but then he was too nice and invited them in for dinner. By then they realized we were there too. It was a fun time though.
 
Alot of funny stuff happened this week, so now I have to share another story. All of us missionaries were doing our usual city centre finding on Saturday, and on the way there we were talking about how we think that seagulls aim for people when they poo. Because we've all been pooed on at some point. Well, right after we set up our table, low and behold, a seagull comes flying over the top of us, and I hear Elder Rawlinson scream. But it was too late. He couldn't get out of the way, so all he had time to do was duck a bit. The poo smacked him straight in the side of the head, right on his ear. haha! It was hilarious and he just took it like a man. He didn't really say anything, he just walked away and wiped it off. I was pretty dang nasty! Ha! There was like a splash that came off his face because it hit with such force. If anyone wants anymore information about what it looked like you can ask me because I made sure to take a picture. haha!
 
So, I need someone (not everyone) to send me some cool John Wayne stuff. Because there is a member here who helps us out a ton that loves cowboys stuff. Especially John Wayne. He is way awesome too. Everytime I see him I forget if he is a mafia boss or a church member because he looks like an old school gangster. We always go to his house on Thursdays and he gives us Irn Bru and candy. He also gave me some really neat scotland souvenirs. Oh ya, and he has this massive cigar from his non member days. It's like the size of a baton. He said it's worth £500 so I made sure to get a picture of me holding it. But, the moral of the story is that he is awesome and I want to give him something cool.
 
Natasha is the most golden person that I have ever taught on my mission. We had a lesson with her yesterday, and she said that everytime she has prayed about the lessons we give her, she has received a special answer. She completely believes that everything is true and when we invited her to be baptised she didn't even hesitate to say yes. We gave her a baptismal date fo 29 June, but then it didn't feel right to us, so we invited her to pray about a date that would be best for her. She is way solid though. Oh ya, and we found out that she is the best ballerina in Scotland. That is pretty dang cool if you ask me. She is only 17, so we just have to make sure that it's ok with her parents.
 
We had a conference in Edinburgh with all the missionaries in Scotland last week. They taught us all about family history and how we can utilize it as a missionary tool. There is a big push giong for us to start using that in our finding. I've been trying it out and it works really well. Especially to old people who are really set in their ways. It gives a good chance to break the ice with people by talking to them about something other than religion. I also got to see Elder Windhausen and some other missionary friends at the conference. I got a posterity picture with Elder Windhausen and his trainee. I his trainee's grandpa. Ha! I also got pictures with a bunch of other missionaries who are finishing their missions in a few weeks. I can't believe that so many of my friends out here are finishing their missions now.
 
I gave a talk in church yesterday about testimony. I just read classic missionary scriptures like Moroni 10:3-5 and bore my testimony because it was supposed to be a short talk. I have a strong testimony of prayer though, so that's what I talked about alot.
 
Well, brethren and sisters, the church is true and my shirt is blue and watch out for seagull poo and I love you.
 
Elder Goodwin
 
I attached a picture of the massive cigar.
 
HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!! And to all you other folks who are fathers. Anyway, I have the best dad in the world and I am proud to be wearing the same name tag that he did on his mission. He is a legend and the best father a son could have. Love you Dad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment