Monday, July 22, 2013

07.22.13

Enchiladas that I made.

Seagulls aim their poo.

Shed that I painted and Sister Adam trying to take my apple out of my hand.

Well, not too much to report, but here it is. 

I went on a pretty fun exchange with a missionary from China. Elder Luo. He is hilarious and acts like a classic chinese person. He say's "sick!" to describe everything - good or bad -  because he heard his American companions say it a lot. ha He actually has pretty good English though. 

A guy from our ward was on Holiday in Utah and Vegas the last couple weeks and he said it was roasting over there. He kept telling everyone that he got to shoot guns and ride quad bikes (fourwheelers) and all the other stuff you only do in America. Everyone was amazed haha. 

We decided to treat Sister M out for a dinner because she always feeds us so much. We called and asked her what her favourite food is and she told us sweet 'n sour chicken so we took her out to a Chinese buffet in city centre. We paid for the whole thing. Haha She was lovin life. She is a legend of the Scotland/Ireland Mission. 

Sister Adam is another funny old lady in the ward, and we usually do some service for her every couple weeks. Last week, we went to her house and I painted her shed while everyone else did some gardening. It was way fun cause it was a really sunny/warm day. She is soo small. ha I will send a picture. 

We taught a less active girl in McDonalds again because that's the only place she wants to meet. We kept telling her we were going to stand up on the table and pray like Elijah. Ha She gets soo bugged by it and tells us that there are other people in there she knows. Then, when we were leaving, we sang Onward Christian Soldiers really loud as we drove away. ha!

Natasha is still planning on getting baptised on the 3rd. She didn't get to come down to Glasgow for church yesterday, because the guy who takes her had to stay in Oban for some dance school stuff. She went to church in Oban though so it's all good. We will probably end up teaching her over skype this week.  Not a lot of things happened in our area this week because we went on a few exchanges and that took loads of time. 

Well, I'm making things short today cause we are going to go out and look at suits. I heard there is a place where you can buy a good European tailored suit for £30 and my suits are just about done for. I bought a couple slim fit shirts last week as well cause all my shirts are too big around the neck now. Slim fit European shirts rule. They are classic missionary attire over here. 

I love you all! Have a good week! 

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment