Monday, July 29, 2013

07.29.13

Natasha passed her baptismal interview yesterday and is so excited to baptised this Saturday. It's unreal how prepared she really is. I feel like we didn't really have to do anything because she already knows about everything we teach her before the lessons. AND she already believes that everything is true because she receives such specific and clear answers to her prayers. She must be living right because she is sooo in tune with the Spirit. We are soo excited for the baptism though. She asked me to play the piano and she thinks it's hilarious because I messed up so bad at the last baptism she saw. ha! She we will be such a loyal member and kingdom builder. 

We've really been focusing our finding efforts in some posh neighbourhoods because our Bishop and Ward  Mission Leader feel that there are many prepared people there. People who are very well off are usually not very interested in religion, because I guess only the sick need a doctor. So, obviously to tract in these posh neighbourhoods we've had to use some different approaches. We found out that almost everyone will talk to us about Family History, and we recently got some nice new family history cards, so it works out nicely. We also found people very receptive when we just tell them that we are out in the community looking for ways to help out and then ask them if they know of any opportunities. Then after a bit of conversation they decide they like us and then they will talk about other stuff as well. Pretty good!

We had an all of Scotland conference last Thursday and we were blessed to have Elder Teixeira (member of the 70 and area President) and his wife there to speak to us. He pretty much kindly rebuked us and told us that the missionary work needs change. His focus of the talk was about changing enough so that your investigators or friends will want to change as well. It was really good and I think a lot of missionaries will improve from it. We learned from another general authority a few months ago, that a good meeting should make everyone feel rebuked, but in a way where they want to do better. That's definitely what he did. Ha! 

Last Saturday, we got invited to Saturday morning football. All the people in the stake who want to get together at a really nice football pitch and play a game. There were about 20 people there, and I'm pretty sure that I've never played a game of soccer on a full sized field in my life. For some reason, everyone seemed to think that I was going to be an unstoppable goalie or something, and they were sorely disappointed when the game started. Haha. I can stop the ball, but then I have no idea where to kick it or how to throw it or anything. So they kicked me out after a bit and then put me on defence. Yet again, I had no idea what to do or who to guard. They were all yelling plays and things to do and they probably thought I was a fool. I felt like I was back to the good 'ol days of little kids soccer when I played for the Green Leprachauns and got my thumb stuck in the goal net while I was supposed to be playing goalie. It wasn't actually that bad, but I'm definitely going to practice up on my soccer skills. haha It was pretty humbling to be the one who has no idea how to play. It's a way good finding activity though. I think we are going to have some huge successes from it. 

So, ya I don't have much more time to write. Not too much else happened. We are having a baptism on Saturday and I suck at soccer. That's pretty much the point of this email. And I love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment