Tuesday, August 6, 2013

08.05.13




 
 
 
If you were wondering if Natasha got baptized on Saturday I have an answer for you. YOU BETTER BELIEVE SHE DID!! Here's how it went. 

So, to start out, I again have to say that Natasha is the best investigator I've ever taught. The whole time teaching her, she never had a single concern come up. We feel like we would just show up and teach her a lesson that she had already known about through her own research and then when we would invite her to live something or pray about something, she would readily accept. She received very clear answers to every one of her prayers, which is amazing in itself. She is extremely talented in many different things, but gets embarrassed whenever we bring up those things because she is soo humble. Ballet is her favorite thing, but she's also been in some different tv shows and movies. She is very shy, and she is one of the most kind people I have ever met. 

So, on Friday, we finally found out what she wanted on the program for her baptism. She had already asked me to play the piano, so I thought that I wouldn't have to do anything else, but then I was really taken back and surprised when she asked me to baptize her as well. The last baptism I did was in a river, and it was pretty hectic, so when I found out I was going to be doing another one I got pretty dang nervous. I even made other missionaries practice with me. Ha! I was mostly nervous because she is terrified of water, so I really wanted to do it right the first time. 

So, Saturday morning rolled around and after our Saturday morning Stake Football game, we went to the church and started filling up the font. While it was filling up, I was practicing the piano so that I would be able to play the hymns she chose. Luckily they were pretty easy. Oh my Father and Families can be together forever. Elder Topp and the Springboig Elders made some nice programs and set up the chairs. Since Natasha lives at the ballet school in Oban, they (her and her friends and family) had to drive a couple hours to get here. Traffic was pretty bad, so they were like 30 minutes late to the baptism. When she got there we could tell that she was VERY nervous about it. She tried to act casual, but she was shaking a little bit. So, after some really good talks, the Spirit was soo strong and it was time to do the baptism. I went into the font and reached out my hand to help her in, but she started getting scared and she was crying really quietly. I told her that she would never regret this for the rest of her life and some other things, and then she came down. She was shaking the whole time, but it went very well and she was soo happy when she came out of the water. I've never heard someone  a more sincere thank you than the one she said to me. I am soo humbled to be a part of sacred things like this. Later on, she was telling us all how clean she feels. Let's just say, baptizing someone in a font is far better than baptizing someone in a cold river with drop offs and bad currents. 

Family is the most important thing to her, and it's obvious that she learned many of her great values from her family. Her Mom and Sister both came for the baptism and confirmation. Her Mom lives in Falkirk and her Sister came down from Oxford. By the way, her sister has the best grades in Oxford because she is literally a genius. Anyway, they were both crying during the baptism and really felt the Spirit. I think they are also so prepared for the Gospel. 

Her family took us out to eat at a really nice Italian restaurant after the baptism, which was really nice. 

Elder Topp did a great job confirming her on Sunday. The Spirit was really strong again. She was so happy that all she has to do is sit there for the confirmation and not go near any water. So when she walked in the building on Sunday, I said, "You know that you have to sit in a huge pool of water while they confirm you right?" hahah. She had the funniest look come across her face until I told her I was joking.   

In other news, Elder Topp is moving to Edinburgh ZL and I am staying here. I will be getting a companion named Elder Andrus who has been serving as a Zone Leader 2 moves longer than me. I think we will get a long really well. 

I love you all and hope you are loving your lives! My testimony has again been strengthened this past week! Stay strong and be loyal to those you love. 

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment