Monday, August 19, 2013

08.19.13

Alright here's the story about the fridge. And when I say the Fridge I mean William Parry from the Chicago Bears.

During City Finding last week, some members from another town happened to be in Glasgow, so they came up and started talking to us, Then after awhile we managed to get a cheeky lunch appointment with them, which was awesome. They are called the McKenzie's. Anyway, Brother McKenzie was telling us about how he was on the rugby team for his city about 20 years ago. Which means he was quite good. One day, they were having their normal practice and they all saw Jake the Snake Roberts walking his dog by their field. (Crazy WWF Wrestler) They all recognized him and started talking to him, and then Jake told them he had a few friends over with him and he was wondering if they would like to have a scrimmage. They happily agreed. . and then William Parry showed up. haha! Apparently William parry and Jake the Snake Roberts are pretty good friends. So the game started and Brother McKenzie said that he tried to tackle the Fridge, but got completely flattened. He said that nobody could even slow him down. So they put 17 of their best players on the field and they still couldn't stop him. he was just running with people on his shoulders and hanging off his legs! haha and now he loves the Bears. So that's the Fridge story for the day. 

It's been really fun having a trainee around again. Trainee's always make sure that things get done right and keep us on track. Haha. They have such a good fire when they come out. They also do hilarious things all the time. Last week, Elder Wahlquist and I went into our flat complex and he forgot which flat we live in, so he stopped at the wrong level (the right level in his mind) Then, he put the key in the wrong door and was turning it and trying really hard to get in to someone elses door. He must have thought the key was broken or something. I just stood behind him chuckling and then after awhile I was like "Hey we should probably go up to our flat now." hahaha. The lady who lived in the flat came out and started yelling WHOS TRYING TO GET IN MY DOOR! haha. He was so embarrassed, but we both couldn't stop laughing about it throughout the day. I like to let people figure things out on their own sometimes. 

We also got up at 5:30 to play some basketball for morning exercise last week. I have become notoriously known for my dislike of mornings on my mission. I ALWAYS get up on time, but I'm rarely happy until like 10. haha! I'm still working on that. But, basketball was way fun. Elder Wahlquist was soo tired the rest of the day though. If I didn't know him, I probably would've thought he was high sometimes. Haha! 

We have a solid new investigator named James. He likes boxing and and he's like 25. We have really been focusing on teaching him about prayer so that he can find out if God is real and he feels like he's been getting answers. We are also very focused on getting into all of the members homes so that we can progress through member work instead of solely finding all the time. Member referrals is where the solid kingdom builders usually come from, so we really want to get everyone on our side. 

I still suck at soccer. Don't think I will ever be good. haha. I can always get the ball from someone, but then I suck at kicking it, so I will work on that. The members LOVE having us there though. We've been able to build much better relationships with many of them. 

I love you all! Thanks for all your support and love. 

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment