Tuesday, August 27, 2013

08.26.13

It's been a week full of kilts and bagpipes.

On Saturday, we were doing our usual zone city finding activity from 2 - 4. A couple of the Elders stopped this guy who was wearing a kilt and carrying some bagpipes and he told them he was about to do some street performing with it. So, they weren't thinking at all and told him that he could set up right next to us. They must have forgotten that bagpipes are about as loud as jet engines! Maybe not quite that loud, but they are pretty loud. So, he happily accepted and when he started playing it startled the rest of us and we all just stood there wondering why the heck this guy was playing his bagpipes right next to us. We had to shout for people to hear us and people thought we were strange. haha! It was a classic example of what most Americans think it's like to do missionary work in Scotland. That story was for you Granny! Cause you love bagpipes and you want me to learn to play them. haha. I think everyone has been playing them lately cause they know it was Granny's birthday recently.

We had our investigator, Brian, come to the family history centre again last week. He loves it! It's such a good tool for us to use in missionary work. Then later on in the week, he came to a Johnny Lingo ward activity and had a fun time there as well. He was so excited that he showed up for church on Sunday with his best clothes. And by his best clothes I mean a whole kilt outfit. It was pretty epic. I still need to get a kilt one of these days. I will look like a native in it with my red hair. ha!

Speaking of kilts, I learned how to make scripture covers out of tartan material. You can just go to any kilt store and they sell the tartan scraps really cheap. It's really nice for making book covers and stuff. So if any of you want a tartan scripture cover let me know and I will see what I can do. Just put in the request and then add $100 to my bank account. .... hahah. 

A sister missionary in the zone had to go home for health reasons today. That is always really sad. She's been really sick and the doctors don't know what it is, so she has to go home to recover. Her and her companion have both been crying a lot. Sister missionaries can't be beat. They know why they are here and they work hard. 

We have some real miracles with our focus to improve member relationships. We've been able to get appointments with members who haven't let missionaries come around for years and years. We also got appointments with some really solid part member families. We are all so excited for the week. 

Not much else to report on. The son (Elder Wahlquist) is still doing good and going strong. He will become a missionary man in no time. I still suck at soccer. Which is actually called football. P Day rules! I love you all!

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment