Monday, September 2, 2013

09.01.13

Me and Elder Akebrand. He is our AP and he is from Sweden. He awesome, but he goes home in 2 weeks.
 
 
I forgot to bring my planner today and it had the list of things I was going to write about. So, unfortunately, this email may or may not suck to read. 

Last Monday, we saw a great miracle. We have been focusing on teaching part member families, and there is a girl name K in the ward who just got married. Her husbands name is Fraiser and he is not a member, but has been taught absolutely everything about the gospel by missionaries and through church attendance for years. We were eating dinner at their house last week, and it turns out her other sister, Mia, also came along with her non member boyfriend. THEN, one of their non member friends randomly showed up from Aberdeen. So, we taught them all. They had tons of really crazy questions that only college kids would worry about, and Fraiser pretty much answered them all on his own. I don't know why he isn't baptised cause he is pretty solid. We are excited to meet with them again this week. 

On Wednesday, we tracted out a whole street, and didn't have any success. On our way back to the car, a woman started knocking on her window and beckoning us over. We went to her door, and she said she read the card we left there and really felt like she should come find us. It's such a huge miracle, because the first time we went by, she didn't even answer the door. The card we left was a family history card, so she talked to us about that for a bit, then she said, "I'm actually not really that interested in family history to be honest, but I'm looking for a new church to join because I don't agree with the things in mine." So, we told her to go talk to her local Pastor and he might be able to help her. .  .Ha! Not really. We were so excited and taught her what we could before she had to go. Then, yesterday, we taught her again. She is soo soo solid. All of her questions are golden and she is very prepared. She is excited to bring her 11 year old son to church next week. This is the miracle we have been praying for. 

In other news, I bought some new brown shoes last week cause we are officially allowed to wear them. But, then I sold them to my companion because I realized I don't have any trousers that would match brown. I still need some new shoes pretty bad though. Does anyone want to donate to the get Elder Goodwin new shoes fund? It's called my bank account. hahahahah

Well, sadly, I can't really remember what else I was going to write and I'm feeling pretty rushed. I love you all! Stay strong and stay loyal. 

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment