So, first things first. How is Granny doing?! She is in my prayers and I know she is in the prayers of many. I'm really really glad that she is doing better. She's a champion. Love you Gran!
Well, I'm getting moved. I will be opening up a new area, training a new missionary and being a District Leader. The new area is called Holywood 2, and it's right in Belfast. Don't know the address yet, cause it's a new flat. I'm actually really excited about it. I don't want to leave here, as usual, but I really like the idea of going to Belfast and training again. It's like the best thing that could have happened. (Other than just staying here for one more move) This could very easily be the area that I "die" in, but we will see. ha! I'm just glad that moves call is over. The anticipation kills me everytime. That's like the only thing thing about missionary work that stresses me out. So, I will be going from the biggest city in our mission to another big city. Big city areas rule.
We had a really good miracle happen while we were street contacting. We tried to stop this couple, but they were in a hurry, so we asked if we could walk with them. They accepted and we walked with them to their flat complex. They really enjoyed the chat we had on the way, and invited us in when we got there. They talked to us about the struggles that they have gone through and how they had prayed the night before for help to get a fresh start in life. It was a true miracle because we had also been praying for the opportunity to teach a family.
Another day, we were finishing up the night by tracting a street near our flat. We didn't have any success, but talked to a lady on the street right before we were about to go in. She started telling us about how one of her friends had a 22 year old son that had recently been killed and how they were really struggling with it. He had jumped off a ferry right in front of the Mom. She said the father of the boy has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming because of nightmares caused by missing his son so badly. It was so, so sad to hear about it. We asked her if we could say a prayer for her and the boys family and she accepted. So, we prayed with her right there in the street and in the dark. She was crying by the end of the prayer and thanked us so sincerely at the end. Those are the kind of experiences that really make things worth it.
My son, Elder Wahlquist, can finally drive stick here! I've been teaching him for the past couple weeks and it's been destroying his mind. haha! He didn't really drive at home, and he never drove stick, so it's been blowing his mind trying to drive stick on the left side of the road. With the steering wheel on the right side of the car. ha! It's been hilarious. Like the wild mouse ride at lagoon. But, now he is a professional.
Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANDI! I didn't forget this time! I think it's also Emmy's birthday soon, so I will just say HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMY! If it's not your birthday or I missed someone, just copy and past that into an email on the correct day. haha!
I love you all so much. Thanks for everything. Granny! Don't be getting sick! I love you!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment