A missionary friend of mine who finished his mission a few months ago was at Stake Conference. Liam Musgrove - from Manchester, England. I was sitting up on the stand singing in the dang choir and when I was staring out into the audience I noticed him down there laughing at me. ha It was way weird! He was with his girlfriend and he has a beard. It's so strange to see people that I knew as missionaries when they aren't missionaries anymore. It was fun to catch up with each other though.
Saturday morning Stake football is still a success. Even though I play football like there are bricks attached to my feet or something. My foot coordination just can't compete with all the Scottish people who come. I don't even dare to play goalie anymore cause I did so bad last time! ha! It's still really fun though. They've all been teaching us some tips to help us do better. I always just chill in the back playing defence and hope that my team doesn't pass the ball to me.
One of our investigators has gone completely mad. He's out of control. So, it all started a couple weeks ago when we were at his house. He's usually a quiet, teachable man, but this time, he was acting so crazy. He wouldn't stop talking and pacing around his house long enough for us to teach him anything. Then, he gave us a bunch of really old beef stew to take home. The stew had been sitting out on the table for a few days. We decided he must have been having a bad day.
Then, he showed up at church a couple days after that. He came in late, during the sacrament and sat by us. He's been to church loads of times, so he knows how it's supposed to be. Anyway, he sat down and started talking to me WAY loudly and asking me questions about our week. ha! I was like, "Ya, it's been a good week, we'll talk to you about in after the meeting." Then he just kept randomly talking. During a silent part of one of the talks, he pulled out a bunch of kit kats and said."Hey I have some chocolate for you all!" Haha it was so unlike him to do that.
So, we went to his house one more time last week. He called up and told us he had a surprise for us. Let's just say he wasn't lying about that. We showed up with the senior couple Elder, Elder Whitney. It turns out, that this guy had made us a bunch of old haggis and other stuff we couldn't identify. We were trying to watch the Finding Faith in Christ DVD, but he just wouldn't stop talking and moving. Elder Whitney didn't want haggis, so he came out of the kitchen with a massive bowl of moldy chilli for Elder Whitney. It was hilarious watching him try to eat it. In the middle of the lesson, a massive drunk guy comes walking into the flat and starts smoking. It was so weird. ha! He was a nice guy though. He sent us away with a tub of moldy chilli. And I mean moldy. There was a really thick layer of green mold over the top of it, so much mold that we couldn't tell what it was until we scraped some off.
He also gave us a piece of his carpet. (Who knows why). It had a bunch of hair on it and stuff, so when we got back to the flat I snuck it into Elder Wahlquists suit pocket. He didn't notice it was there until Sunday at church. Hilarious! His mind was blown when he pulled it out.
We have seen some serious miracles lately. There is an 18 year old boy named Phillip in the ward, and we have been bringing him out teaching. He's never been with the missionaries before and he really likes it. Both times we've brought him along, we've found new investigators. He is our secret weapon now. Teaching with members is kind of strange in a trio. We don't want to overwhelm them with 4 random guys, so we usually just have 1 missionary go with the member, and then the other 2 stay outside and tract. Yesterday, I was teaching a lady named Lorna with Phillip and it was so good. We taught her the Restoration and she loved it.
I can't believe that I have less than 6 months left now. Time just goes and goes no matter what happens. I ate a large box of dominos on my own to end my days of eating unhealthy. 6 months to sexy has begun!
I love you all. I'm so so thankful to be in the family that I am. It's pretty rare in this world to be so close to immediate AND extended family, but it's such a blessing. Stay strong!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment