Monday, July 1, 2013

07.01.13




Well, it sounds like the funeral went very well and I'm happy to hear that. The program looks really nice and it even had a classic piano solo from Dad. I hope everyone is doing ok now. 

Did you all hear the big news yet?! We are going to be allowed to use internet for proselyting now. They announced it publicly during the mission presidents seminar thing. This means that we can use facebook and blogs and other things like that. No right away, because we have to receive the ok from the area presidency, but the official announcement has been made. That is so crazy! We kept telling everyone that we were getting facebook soon, because we thought it was absurd and funny, but now we really are. Weird. It's a pretty good idea though, because these days, many people don't have time to talk in the streets, but they spend hours on the computer. 

I played the piano for a baptism on Saturday and let me just tell you, I got completely deceived by the primary hymn book. I played like a 2 year old or something. Haha it was seriously probably the worst I've ever played in public. I can play most of the normal hymns now, so I thought primary hymns would be no problem, but then I went to practice before the baptism and I realized that is not the case. I had to stop playing for like 3 measures because it got so bad. errrr! ha!

A good thing came out of that awful piano performance though. Our investigator, Natasha, was at the baptism and she thought my piano playing was hilarious. I was talking to her after the service, making fun of myself and stuff, and then she said, "You can play at my baptism." Which means that she is fully planning on being baptised. That is pretty dang exciting. We haven't given her a baptismal date yet, because she had to leave right after to make the drive home, but she should be at church on Sunday. 

In other news, we were doing service at a members house by cleaning out their attic for them and we found an old stretch armstrong. They gave it to us and it's a pretty hilarious toy. Pretty weird too. Right now, it's hanging by it's arm from the light fixture in our flat. I might just send a picture.  

I attached a picture of me doing service at Sister Adam's house, me and Elder Topp with Sister M (McCulloch) and stretch armstrong. 

Sister M is a complete legend. I don't know if I've ever told you about her, but she is seriously a missionary legend. She gives us dinner appointments a ton because she loves missionaries so much. She's been known to travel to America just to go to a former missionaries wedding. She takes us out to TGI's a bunch too. Anyway, she somehow got our house number, so if you get a call from a crazy old Scottish lady, then don't be alarmed. Just tell her to say this phrase, "Murder all the squirrels in the world." It sounds really cool with a scottish accent. 

I love you all and hope you're all doing ok. Have a great week. 

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment