Hey, I've got a lot on my mental plate right now. ha! I had to buy some new shoes last week cause my feet were getting soaked everyday and it's freezing. I decided to beat the system and buy some good shoes that weren't water proof cause waterproof shoes are expensive. So, I bought a pretty good pair on sale for £48 and put waterproofing on them, but wouldn't you know. . .it didn't work. So, I was planning on trading them in today for the more expensive shoes. (Like 80 flippin pounds!) Which doesn't sound incredibly expensive until you convert that to American Dollars. Anyway, we got on the bus to come here and then when I got off I realized that I no longer had my shoes with me. ERRR. So, hopefully they are in the lost and found tomorrow. I called the bus service and asked them to lookout for them. And I had to use tons of personal money for traveling this week. Which is fine cause most of it will be reimbursed, but theres no way to put it back into my account from here. So, I will only have cash which will be annoying cause that makes it easier to spend. I also had to buy groceries with my personal money cause we used all of our funds for the week on travels and gas for the flat and the reimbursements aren't in yet. I really HATE using personal money. hah
Other than that it's been a really good week! hahah. Neil came to church again and that was awesome to see. He loves the ward and feels like he's made many real and genuine friends. We gave him a baptismal date of the 7 of December and he accepted! We are so happy. We've been fasting and praying to get a good progressing investigator. He even came to 2 different activities throughout the week. Activities are the key to successful member missionary work.
We tracted into a guy named mark last week. We already have like 5 potentials named Mark, so we put this guys name down as Tank Mark because he's way ripped. ha! Anyway, we went to see him and again and he's already read lots of the book of Mormon and he's loving it. He asked really good questions and invited us around again. His only concern is that he believes any religion will get you to heaven if lived right and that God doesn't care what religion we are. If he keeps reading the Book of Mormon that concern will resolve itself. We're pretty excited to teach him again cause he seems promising. Plus, he has a sweet, red handlebar moustache.
Saturday morning football happened, but there weren't too many people there. We had a non member go though so it was well worth it and we still had a blast. We just have to keep doing it and more and more people will show up. English Class is still in the works because we will have to have 1 more practice before the ward missionaries feel comfortable teaching it. Those activities both hold some high expectations so we are excited. Indexing is still going strong. In fact, I will teach you all right now. Got to familysearch.org and then click indexing. Then watch the 3 videos that show up. After that click the download indexing button. It should automatically open and save itself onto the desktop. Then you will log on with your lds.org account and watch the get started video. It's really really easy and fast. Do it!
Well, I'm going to go and try to find my shoes! I love you all! Have a great week.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment