Monday, November 4, 2013

11.04.13

Got a little bit carried away with the hair trimmers.

Collette

The bus stop we always have to wait at.
 
 
Hey everyone. I actually remembered a couple birthdays this week thanks to some helpful reminders. So. . .HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a legendary Dad and brother in law. Hope you both have an awesome week. I always think about how awesome it is that the name tag I wear says the same thing on it that my Dad's did. His name and the name of our Savour Jesus Christ. 
 
So, some highlights from the week. 
 
I had a surprise speaking assignment during the adult session of Stake Conference. One of the Sister missionaries kept telling me that I was probably going to speak, but I thought it was some kind of foolish joke until we were sitting in the conference and they announced that I would be speaking. What the heck?! I'm pretty sure that nobody in the stake presidency even realized that they forgot to ask me. Errr. haha. Oh well, they just wanted me to get up and bear my testimony about missionary work and discuss why it's so important. Easy enough to do when you've been a missionary everyday for the past 19 months of your life. I shared a couple of my favourite quotes. "We leave our families for 2 years, so that other people can be with their families for eternity." and  "2 years to do it, an eternity to think about it." Then I applied it to real life and talked about the miracles that I've seen come from doing missionary work. I talked a lot about how doing missionary work blesses our families and told everyone my own personal experiences about why I know that that is true. I shared a couple miracles I've seen as well. 
 
Prepare to read some exciting news that I am about to type. We got to Stake conference pretty early and as me and Elder Stringer were sitting in the chapel, guess who came walking in? If you guessed Collette Orten then you would be right. It was pretty awesome to see someone from home so unexpectedly. We had a good chat and she even gave us a referral! You don't need to get called on a mission to Ireland to do missionary work in Ireland! ha! I told her to say hi to all of you from me and she said that she will be giving Mom a hug from me very soon. Oh and she gave me some spare change cause she's going back today and theres nowhere to exchange it. So, that will be paying for a chinese buffet today. Anyway, it was great and she was so nice. I will attach a picture. 
 
The ward is still being great. They help with everything and they feed us lots. They recently did another rescue night - where they go to as many less active people as they can and invite them to retake the missionary discussions and come back to church. We got like 5 more less active members to teach from that already and a couple of them are families. So awesome. 
 
We went to this less active lady named Ena C last week cause we just felt we should in planning. We went to try and see her in the past, but her son answered the door and said she's not interested and doesn't like the church. But, this time, she answered the door and when she saw us her face lit up and she got so excited. Let us right in. Foolish son lied to us! Ha! We just sat there and listened to her conversion story and her troubles for awhile, then the phone rang. It was her inactive daughter who lives in England, but will be moving back this week. She told her Mom that she wants to go to church again, and her mom was like, "Great we can go together." So, just like that, after being inactive for years, they want to return. And right while we happened to be sitting there. That was a cool miracle. 
 
In other news, 6 months to sexy has just been bumped up a notch because some ward members gave us a pretty good weight set! You better believe it. .  hahaha. 
 
Hey, I love you all so much. I hope you have a good week. Here's the pictures. 
 
Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment