Well, the weather here has been pretty interesting lately. In fact, a better description would be pretty miserable lately. ha. The street contacting has been really rough cause it NEVER stopped raining the past 7 days. Seriously, it was insane how much it rained. And it was windy and cold. Luckily enough, we didn't have any appointments so we spent the whole week walking in this weather. I know we will be blessed for going out and working even though the weather was so bad. haha. I don't think you realize what I'm talking about when I say it rains all the time. It's very, very rare to see the blue sky for more than a few minutes because even if it's not raining, it's still very overcast.
We had an awesome zone (Dundee Zone) fast this week. We all fasted to have at least 13 prepared investigators with a baptismal date by the end of the month. There are 13 teams of missionaries in this zone so it works out to 1 prepared person with a baptismal date each. I've had zone fasts before on my mission, but this one was particularly good because we started it with a zone conference call. We managed to have all 26 missionaries on the phone at the same time. During the call, Elder Nordfors (my second born son) gave a spiritual thought and then we had a prayer. It was pretty spiritual and I really enjoyed it. Hopefully we will see much fruit from our labours now.
I have recently been trying to figure out how I'm going to get my stuff home and keep under the weight limit. I packed all my letters and study stuff into a box and I was planning on sending it home, but it's about 11kilos so it's gonna be pretty dang expensive. I thought it would be cheaper if I sent it through surface mail, but it will still cost £88 which converts to nearly $150 USD. That is completely absurd. I'm trying to cut down what I can, but many of those letters are pretty important to me. We will see how it goes this week.
District Meeting is very different in this district cause we only have 2 companionships. Us and the other perth team. So, there's not as much participation and input. haha. It's been weird for me cause the previous districts I've been in have always been massive, but I'm really enjoying instructing here. It's alot more personal and easy to see what's good and what needs to be improved.
The missionaries in this District are flippin hilarious. We've got Me and Elder Dickinson and then Elder Arvig and Elder Merrill. Elder Arvig is from Hurricane and he has a really southern accent and acts pretty redneck. Elder Merrill is from Pleasant Grove and is a gun lover and wants to be a Navy Seal. He's also a wrestler. I've never met anyone that knows more about guns than Elder Merrill. They've both already served in the military before they came on missions. So, basically, Elder Dickinson is trapped in this District surrounded by typical Americans. haha! Last District Meeting, I asked what they wanted to sing for the closing hymn and they both talked Elder Dickinson into singing "America the Beautiful" with us while I played the piano. Elder Merrill stood up on a chair with his hand over his heart while we were singing it. It was pretty hilarious. We all have good work ethics so I'm excited to see how it all plays out here.
So, I bought a suit right before I left Belfast for a pretty good deal, but I recently found a much better suit for an even better deal. I hope that the store I bought it from in Belfast is still in Edinburgh so that I can return it and get the better deal. You just can't beat a good European suit.
We're still teaching a man named David. I think I accidentally told you his name was Graham last week. Got him mixed up with someone else. Anyway, he's still the king of one word answers and actually requested us to stop asking him questions. haha. He told us he is too intelligent to answer "ridiculous Gospel questions." He has the most posh English accent ever so you can picture him saying that. ha! We figure he probably just doesn't like admitting that he doesn't know the answers. So, for the first time in my whole mission, we are teaching someone without asking questions. It's pretty strange. He obviously ilkes what he's learning though cause he keeps inviting us to come back. We also found out that he officiates in another church which is probably a reason why he won't talk to openly. The Spirit is touching him though.
Things are good in the hood here. I hope they are good there. Love you all!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment