Monday, February 10, 2014

02.10.14

Me in Dundee - This is where our ancestor Betsy Smith is from. She was one of the pioneers in the handcart company.

Me in Crieff - We also have ancestors from here.

Me and 2 of my sons. They are now serving together. Elders Wahlquist and Nordfors

Insane Cat - this thing nearly killed me. Apparently once it gets on your lap, if you try to take it off it attacks. It held true to expectations. Just look at the way it's got it's claws dug into the chair to make sure it can't be moved. Crazy devil cat.

Awesome picture of Crieff.
 
So here's the deal with the travel plans. You all do what you think is best and make an executive decision. ha!
 
This week's been pretty great. We have an investigator named Sandra and we invited her to get a calendar and pray about a specific date to be baptised. She's got it narrowed down to 3 days now, so hopefully when we see her this week, she will be able to tell us a specific date. She is such a kind and humble persona and she loves the Gospel. She's been investigating for about 2 years, so she knows everything. Her concern is that she wants to learn more before getting baptised, so most of our lessons have been focused on helping her overcome that concern.
 
I've been sick this week, so that has been annoying. I had a leg amputated, then sewed back on. Nah I just had a bad cold, but it's pretty much gone now so I'm happy about that. At least I didn't get it the day before coming home or something. That would be sucky. 
 
Yesterday, I was in Dundee for a Stake Leadership training. The Stake President requsted all the missionary leaders in the zone to be there. Anyway, we all got together with the leaders in the different auxilleries and brainstormed ways that we can all better work together to provide the missionaries with new investigators. It was pretty good and we got some actionable plans from it. Most of it was focused around service and getting the missionaries more opportunites to do service for non member friends. 
 
After the training in Dundee, we all stayed in the zone leader's flat, so there were about 6 of us there in total. One of my missionary friends out here is named Elder Sweat and he's a 2 time wrestling state champ from wasatch, so I talked him into wrestling one of our Zone Leaders, Elder Nielsen. Elder Sweat is less than 150 lbs and Elder Nielsen is about 210 and really athletic, but he's never wrestled, so I figured it would be funny to watch. They wrestled twice and both time Elder Sweat pinned him in less that 30 seconds. It was flippin hilarious and I took videos of both matches. Missionaries do some random things sometimes. Gotta stay sane somehow though. haha!
 
We've still been doing tons of finding to try and add to our teaching pool. Things are getting good slowly, but surely. This area has lots of potential and we're excited to help it grow. We are going to focus a lot more on getting members as involved as possible without nagging them or anything. We will have to think outside the box.
 
I got a chance to give an outgoing testimony to all of East Scotland. We had a big conference where a general authority, Elder Herbertson came and then we gave testimonies. It was pretty neat to give it, but I'm going to miss this. I'm ready to be home though.
 
I love you all so much! Have a great week!
 
Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment