Monday, February 17, 2014

02.17.14

Elder Goodwin doing a bit of modeling.

This is the view we have every Thursday when we eat dinner with the Andersons.

I can't remember if this is me, or a storm trooper. Or me with a storm trooper helmet on. No one will ever know.
Hello this is a weekly email from Elder Goodwin. Unfortunately, I don't have much to report so this won't be too long. But, it's ok cause I sent some pictures and from what I hear, pictures are worth a thousand words. ha!
 
The spiritual highlight of the week for me happened at the District Leader council in Dundee. The leaders must have been very inspired cause the scriptures they shared with us were exactly what I needed, so I'm glad that they are in tune. I know that many times, the Lord places people in our paths to answer our prayers.
 
It's been raining a bunch as usual. haha. We had four seasons in a day last week, but that's not uncommon. The first bit of the day, the sun was out and it was really nice. Then, after dinner, we walked outside and it got cloudy. Within minutes it was pouring down rain. No joke, it felt like someone was standing above me pouring buckets of water on me all the time. After about an hour of that, it started to snow! Then, all the precipitation just stopped. The weather is so strange here sometimes. All of my clothes were soaked by the end of the day!
 
Sandra is still doing great, but our lesson with her wasn't what we expected last week. We were gonna talk to her about a specific baptismal date, but we got there just after a big family fight. So, she was pretty stressed out and nearly in tears. It was the 'ol "You all aren't doing enough! I've been working my butt off all day and you're all just sitting around watching Tv and playing xbox!" haha! She couldn't really focus on much else, so we just said a prayer with her and read some scriptures. She was very calm and felt much better after the lesson, so in my opinion, it was very successful. Hopefully we will get her with a baptismal date next week.
 
We were at the Johnstones house last night teaching their recent convert daughter, Tracy. Anyway, we were just having a laugh before the lesson and we came up with a genious idea that Elder Dickinson should try the cinnamon challenge. Where you try to eat a spoonfull of pure cinnamon powder. So, we talked him into it and it nearly killed him. haha! Everyone was in stitches laughing, but he ended up throwing up. He thought it was hilarious too though. Just thought I would share that. I would've sent the video, but I can't email things that take up so much space. Oh and I also got a video of Elder Dickinson saying the Pledge of Allegiance cause we talked him into it.
 
There is a member here named Eleanor and she feeds us a 4 - 5 course meal every sunday. She also invited different non member friends to come, so that we can teach them after we eat. This time she brought a 20ish year old girl named Jade, and we taught her the Plan of Salvation. We used little cut outs and walked her through the whole thing. She's never been too interested in the past, but we could all feel the Spirit very strong during the lesson and she listened very intently. She even started asking some good question. We feel like it might be a starting point to get her interested.
 
Well ladies, I've only got 2 more emailing sessions left. Time keeps on slippin, slippin, into the future. (quote from fly like an eagle song) But really, I'm so so grateful for the things I've been blessed to learn out here and for the people I've met. But, I'm especially grateful for the deepened testimony I've received. I believe there is nothing better than a mission for anyone who is 18 to 25. If we turn our will to God's will, He will take care of us and he will take care of our families and friends. We will never find true peace unless we can go to bed at night knowing that our Father in Heaven is proud of the decisions we made that day. And if we haven't made good decisions, then we can turn to the Saviour and repent. Love you all!
 
Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment