Family;
I can't believe I have been gone nearly 3 months! Time really does fly. I feel like I just barely went to the MTC yesterday.
Last Tuesday was the last time we will see President Griffiths. He goes home this week. After the Zone Conference in Belfast, him and his wife gave all of us hugs as we left. She dominated and said we had to hug her because she was going home haha. It was a good Zone Conference though.
We have a new trainee in the District now and I am pretty excited. I always tell him that I have less time left than him haha. It's nice to be able to say that to someone. He came with me to Coleraine on exchanges though and we got 5 new potential investigators. It was probably the worst weather I have seen that day. People were saying that it rained a months worth of rain in a couple hours. Which is crazy, especially for Ireland. The streets were flooding and stuff. We had to go back to the flat 3 times to dry our clothes and put on new socks haha. Elder Rawlinson's mind was boggled. His area is a car area so that is the first time he had to walk. And we walked ALOT. haha.
We also went to Giants Causeway again so I will upload some pictures of that next week cause I forgot my camera. I don't have much time today either, so my letter will be kind of short.
The weather here is soo random. It's sunny and then the next minute it's rainy and cold and visa versa. haha. We also only get a few hours of darkness everyday. I don't think it gets dark until like 11 30 or 12. When I wake up randomly in the night, it's already completely light again by 5.
Elder Vollheim gave me a haircut a couple week ago and he actually did a pretty good job ha. I was nervous cause I'm pretty OCD about my hair being even, but he ended up doing it good. I just figured I would tell you that because I forgot. He also drew me some epic pictures. I will also upload those next week. He is way good at drawing though.
Once of the potentials we found is an African man from Batswana. It was the last house we tracted. He said about 8 years ago while he was still in Batswana, he met some missionary's and they gave him a Book of Mormon. He read it and even went to church a couple times. He is excited to start meeting with us again. I really think he will be solid. He has a little family and everything.
The Protestants and Catholics are funny here. They have been fighting each other for years, and they still hate each other. All the schools and everything are segregated into Catholic schools and Protestant schools. People are stunned when they find out there are other religions besides Catholic and Protestant haha. They sometimes ask if we are Protestant Mormons or Catholic Mormons. haha.
I love you all and hope everything is going good for you.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment