Yo family;
It was a pretty good week. We found a new investigator and we did some service. We had 4 less active members at church that haven't attended in a long time, some of them even years.
Our new investigator is the African man from Batswana. We met with him on Friday and had a good visit. He didn't let us talk much though haha. He even has a little family. His main concern is why God lets so much suffering happen in the world. He talked about all the bad things he had to see in Batswana. He said he saw more death there in 1 year then he has ever seen in 7 years here. The rest of his family still lives in Africa and he is scared to answer his phone sometimes, because he thinks they might be calling to let him know someone else in his family has died. He really liked what we said, and we are going over there again on Tuesday.
It's been hard to get appointments with people lately, because the Euro Cup tournament has been going on. I don't even know if that is what it is called haha. But people here LOVE football (soccer). All I know is that Spain won the championship and the tournament is over now, so that is good haha. THere have been a ton of people/tourists around because of the Irish Open in Port Rush. We went there to see a guy and it was packed. I want to go golf there so I can say I golfed where the Irish Open was haha.
I am sad that I am going to miss the 4th of July celebrations! Someone needs to take over my responsibility of making some homemade bombs or buying some illegal fireworks to light off. Just drive down to The valley of fire and buy some haha. I think I actually had some left over from last year behind my door. You can light those off too. I will get to see the 12th of July over here though. It is supposedly pretty crazy. There are a ton of huge bonfires all over town. They just keep getting bigger. There are thousands of palets and chairs and desks and anything they can possibly burn on those fires haha. There are so many different flags hanging EVERYWHERE. The different neighborhoods hang different flags though, depending on whether they are Protestant or Catholic ha.
I got to eat dinner at a blind guys house while I was on exchanges in Omagh. His wife cooked the food, but he usually does the cooking. Everyone says he makes some delicious food though. He just walks around the house and does everything normal even though he is completely blind. He went blind in one eye because he got kicked in the head during a soccer game and the other eye went blind a few years later due to a stroke. We had some good food, but I discovered that I don't like rice pudding at all. Don't worry I ate it anyway haha. I really do like potatoes now though. It's weird ha. The potatoes here are really small compared to the ones in the states. They are about the size of eggs.
While we were walking around, we ran into a guy who joined the Church here 20 years ago and he wants to start going again. He came to church on Sunday. He has a crazy life story though. When he was around 20, he had to jump out of a 4th story window because his apartment caught on fire. He completely shattered his feet and legs in the fall and had to be in a wheel chair for 4 years. He can walk now though, which is amazing. He showed us his feet and they are like nothing I've ever seen. Worse than Bryces. hahaha. Anyway his feet just look like a jumble of bone fragments smashed together. It's crazy. He also got a beer bottle punched into his mouth once, so he is missing some teeth.
We got to do some service for MB again this week. I'm sure you all saw the picture BB sent. It was soooo rainy all day. I just shoveled dirt into a wheel barrow for a few hours. It was way nice to do some good physical labor. I will upload the pictures of what we did though. MB also took us to see the Garvagh Pyramid. It's in this little forest and it is pretty epic. I got some good hero shots by it hah. Everything here is so green.
It has been quite some time since I have seen the sun hah. It has been raining pretty much all the time. I only saw a hint of blue sky for a few minutes a couple days ago. haha but that is typical Irish weather. It stays bright outside so long though. There are only a few hours of darkness every night.
This week, we were at a less active guys house and he was telling us how he is good at cutting hair. So, I told him to cut my hair and he said he would hha. I'm not going to lie, it was probably the worst haircut I have ever gotten haha. He just straight up took a trimmer to the sides and didn't cut the top at all. He thought it looked way good, so I just said thanks and acted casual until we got to the flat. I will upload some pictures because it was pretty funny. Elder Vollheim managed to fix it when we got back though, luckily.
Well, I can't send any pictures because my camera is out of battery. That frustrates me greatly. I will upload like 50 next week though. I love you all and hope everything is going good.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment