Monday, July 23, 2012

07.23.12

First Kebab.


Giants Causeway - Sittin' on the "Giant's Boot."


Vampire's grave.

Familia,
 
This email I will actually write a little more. Last week I didn't have enough time, cause we had to go see everyone and pack before Elder Vollheim had to leave. We went to Antrim on Tuesday night and slept over there, then woke up at 4:30 in the morning to go meet our new companions at the train station in Belfast. At least I got to eat breakfast at McDonalds though. That is the first time I 've had it since I was home. Delicious. I also made Elder Vollheim try the cinnamon challenge on the 12th. Where you try to eat a spoonfull of cinnamon. Emmy and Dal will know what I'm talking about haha. Anyway, I told him I would give him £5 if he did it. He failed. haha.
 
Elder Barney is a good companion. I think we will work well together and get a lot done. We've already had some good success in just the few days we've been together.
 
I'm probably gonna go get a fishing rod today because I heard that I can catch Salmon and other awesome fish in the Bann.(the river behind the flat) I mostly still want an eel to put in the bathtub though. I think I am just gonna buy a day license to fish one of these p-days. Maybe even fish while we are doing our weekly planning or something haha.
 
Everyone here is talking about the shooting that happened in the theater during Batman. That sounds terrible. How is everyone reacting to it? I bet they are going to start trying to take away gun rights now. That would bug me. That guy is a messed up man for doing something like that. People over here know about EVERY single thing that happens in America.
 
We found a new investigator! His name is Sean and we met him last week, but couldn't see him until a couple days ago. He is such a solid investigator! We taught him the restoration and The Spirit was very strong. He prayed at the end of the lesson to know if it was true and he is going to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it everyday. We will teach him again tomorrow. I am pretty excited about it.
 
We went to this place called Vampires Grave last week. Supposedly, there is a live vampire buried in there and a tree above the grave. If you try to cut the tree or anything, you get cursed for life or killed. haha I did the karate kid on top of the rock by the tree. Ohhhh. They said he is the real dracula. I will send a picture.
 
I gave a talk in church last week about the Bible. It was kind of hard at first, but I just realated it to missionary work like halfway through. I talked about the story of David and Goliath and how even when we are faced with challenged that seem impossible to overcome, if we have enough faith, like David, anything is possible and we can overcome our challenges. I also talked about the Savior and how even when we feel completely alone in life, he is always there with us. He knows exactly what we are feeling and he will always be right there by our side. I have such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ.
 
I have still been playing the piano in priesthood and this less active guy always lets me practice some hymns when we visit him. I love playing the piano. It is so relaxing.
 
Yesterday, the MILK cup parade came through town. It was a huge parade and I wanted to just act casual and go march in it with the soccer players. Haha, but I figured that's probably not the best idea. The milk cup is where all the future stars in the world come and show their skills in a tournament. Should be pretty exciting because there will be a ton of people here watching it this week.
 
I also had my first Kebab last Saturday. A Kebab is this weird meat on some nan bread, with spicy sauce. It's pretty good though. It messes up your bowels and thats why we don't eat them that much hah. They call it a kebaptism when you eat your first kebab. It's ridiculous ha.
 
Well, things are going good here. I hope everything is going good in Cedar, too. I love you all. I am so proud of my family. I tell people about all of you all the time. I love you.
 
Elder Goodwin


No comments:

Post a Comment