Family,
Moves call is officially in! I am pretty surprised at what is happening. Elder Vollheim is moving to Scotland to finish off his mission and I will be staying in Coleraine. Ha that is pretty much the exact opposite of what we thought was gonna happen. I will be serving with Elder Barney. He is from Provo and I've actually already met him a few times at Zone Conferences and I really liked him. So, I am pretty excited to serve with him. I think we will work well together. I am a bit sad that Elder Vollheim is moving though. It will be weird being in Coleraine without him. That is one thing you learn on a mission though, how to handle change. haha. President Brown is dominating though. He changed a ton of people and even made some new districts. He is just dominating. So now Coleraine is no longer in the district with Derry and Omagh. The new district is just Coleraine and Antrim. Pretty crazy.
The 12th was pretty good. I didn't get to see anything epic though, because we were ordered not to leave the flat on the evening of the 11th and then we had to stay in the flat all day on the 12th. Presidents orders. hah. So I didn't get to march around town with any Mormons or cause any riots haha. The night of the 10th was awesome though. They had a fireworks show right across the river from our flat, so we got to see the whole thing firsthand. I took some pretty sweet pictures. I am pretty happy that I can say that I was in Northern Ireland on the 12th. I was sick on the 11th and 12th anyway so it was probably best that we stayed inside. I feel good now.
Due to the fact that we had a few days where we couldn't do too much, this week wasn't the most productive. We did get to see a bunch of less active members and we found a couple more potential investigators. I went on my last exchange with the Zone Leaders on Saturday. I went with Elder Stoica. He is from Romania and is maybe 5 ft tall haha. He is soo little. We did some service at MB's and went visiting all the less actives later. It was a really good day. We had a few of the less actives we have been working with at church again, so that is good too.
I gave a talk in church yesterday about the bible. That is definitely not my strong point but I tried my best. I talked about the story of David and Goliath and how we should trust the Lord. I will share more about it next week because I don't have any more time today.
I am also gonna upload a bunch of pictures from the past week. I don't have much more time so this email is kind of short. I will write you a long one next week though. I sure do love you all and I appreciate all your encouragement and support. I love you.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment