Monday, August 13, 2012

08.13.12


I finally got some McDonalds! And I look high!


This pigeon has accepted a baptismal date and is our only progressing investigator.

Sup family-
 
It is another glorious p-day today. Except without the sunshine. hah I do love p-days though. I love reading all your emails and seeing all the pictures you send. I bought a flash drive so that I can download them all to it.
 
Anyway, this past week was pretty good. We didn't have as many less active members at church, but we did officially reactivate one of them. Bro Morrison. I always go to his house and he has me play the piano for him and then we just visit with him and share a wee message. That's right I said wee. I am learning the ways. He also found me some good church music to listen to. He got me Johnny Cash singing How Great Thou Art and another religious Johnny Cash song. We are allowed to listen to music, but only if it makes you think of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. Hopefully we will get a few more people reactivated and find more investigators. We have been doing alot of finding. We have had good discussions with a lot of people, but so far, no new investigators. I'm sure we will find some soon though.
 
Church was pretty epic yesterday. There is a little boy named Freddie who is almost the exact same age as Haze, who disrupts the meeting the whole time. It's hilarious. He walked over to me and started hitting me and then giving me high fives. All during Sacrament. Then he tried to open my backpack and take all my stuff. He was out of control. haha then his mom came and picked him up. He is the only toddler in the branch so he is pretty much a legend. He has quite the reputation for ruining lessons haha.
 
On Thursday, we ran into this Catholic guy in the street. He started talking to us and telling me how Goodwin is a very Irish name and how he knows a lot of Goodwins in the Republic. He told me I looked Irish and that I needed to return to the "true religion" and stop messing around. haha it was pretty funny. People are always trying to convert us. Especially drunk people. We talk to a lot of drunk people hah. Seriously though I would say that drinking is the number 1 problem for people here. By far.
 
One of our less active members gave us his lighter because he is trying to stop smoking, so Elder Barney was playing with it in the flat, then the fire alarm went off. Every alarm in the whole building. hahah He probably felt soo dumb. I dominated him for it though. There were random people evacuating, but then it turned off after a couple minutes. haha.
 
On saturday and sunday there was a thing called the riverfest going on in the river. There were professional wake-boarders and epic jet ski tricks going on all day. We timed our lunch and dinner accordingly so that we could catch some of the action. It was pretty epic. Especially because the weather has been so nice lately. It's back to normal now, but during the week it was roasting. I got sun burnt again.
 
I have recently decided that I am going to start teaching pigeons instead of people because they listen better. hahah not really, but I really did teach a pigeon this week. It was under a bush and so I decided to share the Book of Mormon with it. It's a pretty funny picture. I will attach it to this email.
 
I got to eat McDonalds, finally! It was delicious too. I got a big mac meal and it came with a free olympic glass. Epic.
 
Well, I am thankful to have such a loving and supportive family. I am very blessed and I love you all. Thank you for all the support and strength you give me. The Gospel is true and through it, we can find peace in this life.
 
Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment