Monday, August 6, 2012

08.06.12

Church by the flat.

Excellent idea.

Missionary picture.
Well, this week has been pretty epic. We got 6 less actives at church yesterday. Ya, that's right, 6! Read em and weep! But really it was way good to see them all there. Some of them, we haven't even worked with, they just decided to come out. We have been working alot with the others though. One less active member, Bro Donaghey, even made us dinner last week because he likes us. ha he said that he is going to start coming out. That is really exciting. We haven't had too many new investigators or anything lately, but we will just keep finding until we get some. We have been working on teaching now and not later. When we talk to someone on the street, instead of asking if we can set up and appointment for later, we just keep teaching them until they say they have to go. ha it works really good. It also helps us, because the mission goal for companionships is to teach 20 or more lessons every week. We got 20 this week and I am happy about that. Sometimes it's hard to get that many.
 
I really enjoy the subject of my email this week. haha it makes me laugh to reminisce about that moment. For any of you who don't know where that came from, just ask Mom. I also got another package from Mindy this week. It had a bunch of delicious cookies in it. It was a pretty epic package.
 
Other than doing less active work, not too many really exciting things have happened. Elder Barney has cooked me some pretzels and that is pretty nice. I am glad he can cook stuff. We work very well together. I think half the reason is because we are both American and we can relate to each other alot haha. During the Gospel Principles lesson we gave yesterday, he kept dazing off and then there would just be awkward silence for like 20 seconds, so I would just have to cut in and start teaching haha.
 
The weather here has been pretty nice lately. It  has been sunny the past few days and everything. I got to wear my short sleeved shirts again. Epic. hah, yes it is pretty humid here. Sometimes, it looks like it might be cold outside, but then it's actually really warm because of the humidity. The seasons don't really change much here. In the winter, it supposedly gets cold and icey and snows sometimes, but they don't have much of a fall or spring. There are some leaves that are starting to change color though.
 
Everyone has the olympics playing when we go visit them. They were really excited about the rowing, because there was a guy from Coleraine who took second or something. Everyone is talking about it, and there is supposed to be a huge parade when he comes back to Coleraine. It's pretty exciting. The olympics are epic.
 
Well, I don't have much else to write, but I uploaded some pictures for you all to see. I will try to attach a video of me hitting a watermelon with a golf club, but I think it might be too big. I love you all.
 
Elder Goodwin
 
Yep the golf video was too big to send.

No comments:

Post a Comment