![]() |
| Our District at district meeting. Elder Barney, me, Elder Wilberg, Elder Leonard. |
![]() |
| Black Saturday Parade |
![]() |
| Train on the way out of Portrush for my last time. |
Well, it's official! I am getting moved to Scotland! I will be in a place called Springboig. It's a part of Glasgow and Glasgow is the biggest city in the mission. It should be pretty exciting. I will be serving with one of the only black Elders in the mission. Elder Quashie? I think that's how it's spelled, but I'm not sure. He is from London. I will also be the senior companion. I am really excited to be senior companion, but pretty dang nervous as well. It will be more responsibility. I know that the Lord qualifies those that he calls, so I'm not too worried. Glasgow is pretty infamous though. Hopefully, I will see some crazy stuff and maybe even be forced to defend myself in a pub fight. haha I really don't know much about the place, but I willl be getting on the ferry tomorrow morning to go over. Everyone calls the accent glasswegian and says it is pretty much a new language. I probably won't be able to understand anyone for awhile, but that will be pretty funny. It is also one of the more "dodgy" areas of the mission and I am excited about that.
It has been really sad saying goodbye to everyone. I nearly cried numerous times yesterday, but I HATE crying in front of people, as you all know. It is weird to leave this area, because I have grown so close to the members here and it is almost like my second home now. It really almost feels like I'm leaving home again. I went around all day yesterday to get pictures with all my favorite people in Coleraine. It's tough, because I might not ever see some of these people again. I got all their emails and things too, though. I am sad to leave, but at the same time, I am excited to begin a new adventure in Scotland. Glasgow is exactly the place where I have been wanting to go, so, as usual, I lucked out again.
This past week was really good. We got 23 lessons and did a lot of finding on the streets again. We have been seeing lots of success. I will tell you of something that I found pretty comical.
One of the members called our phone, and Elder Barney answered it and accidentally said, "Dear Heavenly Father" instead of "hello". hahah then he tried to act casual and carry on the conversation. I had to leave the room because I couldn't stop laughing. The member never brought it up again, so he probably felt pretty awkward haha.
I heard that Jarica had her baby! That is way exciting. I am excited to see pictures. Now Braylee has someone to dominate. haha. I also got a package from Shennie this past week and it was dominant. It had a sick shirt and some church news and some good quotes/talks. Thanks Shen!
Well, I don't have too much else to say this week. I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to be in Springboig, Scotland now. I will go find the Goodwin and the Benson tarten at one of the shops and buy some ties. I know that this gospel is true and that it will always be the firm foundation that we can turn to. I also know that obedience to these Gospel Principles is the only way we can find true peace in this life. I love you and hope y'all have a good week.
Elder Goodwin



No comments:
Post a Comment