Monday, August 20, 2012

08.20.12

Classic Ireland.  This is what the country roads look like.
Family-
 
I will start this email by explaing what craic is. It is not the same thing as cocaine, though that would be ok too. haha. It is like the same thing as saying fun. So if people say "what's the craic?" then that means pretty much whats up. If they say wheres the craic, that means where is the fun. There are many different ways they say craic here hah.
 
It is moves call this Sunday. I think I will probably move, but we will see. If I do move, I hope I go to Scotland.
 
Well it's been one of the best weeks I've had so far. We hit our goal of 20 lessons every week, again, and we also got 4 new investigators! Domination! I am really excited and I think we are definitely being blessed for striving to hit 20 lessons every week. We are promised, that if we do, the number of baptisms in our area will double. Also, the pigeon I was teaching died or flew away. I don't know which one.
 
Last p-day all the Team Great Britain stuff was half price and so I took out some money to buy some stuff. I bought an epic shirt, a flag, and some key chains to send home sometime. Then I bought a Liverpool jersey because it was really cheap and it looked cool. haha I don't know anything about soccer, but I figured I might as well get some jersey's while I'm here. Oh, and if anyone wants me to buy them something here, let me know.
 
We also tracted into some Born Again ministers or something. They knew their stuff, but they wouldn't let us talk. Hah they just kept rambling and everytime I tried to talk, they interupted me. In the end, I just said, You obviously know much more than me about the Bible, but what I know, is that through reading the Book of Mormon and praying about, I found my answer, and that is how you can know the truth for yourself. It doesn't help for us to force you to listen or force you to come to church, all we can do is invite you to try the same thing that we did. That is why we are here for 2 years. They still just kept rambling on and eventually, we just shook their hands and left ha. It was a good experience though.
 
Zone Conference was on Wednesday! It was way way good. President Brown talked about the importance of being obedient and how the Lord will always bless us when we do all we can. I really like President Brown. I think he is a really good addition to this mission. The work has progressed in huge steps these last few weeks, due to the counsel he has given us. We also got to eat at Boojums. It's pretty much like Cafe Rio except not as good. It's still delicious though.
 
We were able to get 5+ referrals from 1 member, from following the counsel of President Brown. When we finish our lesson, he taught us to say, "We sense that you have felt something of the love of God as we have taught you today. How do you feel? Who do you know that need to feel this same way?" We did it, and it really worked. She just kept giving us more and more referrals. When something like that happens, you are supposed to make a success story. That is when you record a message on the phone about what happened and then send it to the Zone Leader. Then, they send it to everyone else in the mission. Here is what I said. ha
 
"We are just calling to share some success. Earlier, we did not plan to see a less active woman, but decided to see her when we passed her house. We taught her about the temple and then told her that we sensed she had felt something of the Love of God and asked her how she felt. Then we asked who she knows that needs to feel this same way and ended up getting more than 5 referrals. It is truly a very powerful way to get referrals. Powerful, just like my Biceps."
 
haha Everyone thought it was hilarious and President Brown loved it.
 
When we were tracting the other day, a little kid started following us and asking if he could help. He was probably about 7 and we could see that his Mom was glaring from her house, so we told him we had to leave, so his Mom wouldn't hate us. He asked for some pass a long cards and I gave him a few. After we left, we turned around and could see him knocking on doors and giving them pass along cards. Haha dominance. We don't need to tract anymore, we will just have kids do it for us haha.
 
There was an "anti-social march" that went throught town the other day. The Protestants marched through the catholic side of town towards the police station because they said there is too much crime amongst the Catholics. Errr. They were just looking for trouble, but nothing happened, because there were police EVERYWHERE. It was pretty epic. We also had a helicopter spotlighting the river on Saturday night. It was way loud and right above the flat. I think someone drowned and they were looking for them or something.
 
It has been excellent weather this past week. It's really humid, so when the sun comes out gets way hot. I got sunburnt again. Granny would make scold me for not putting on sun block haha.
 
I heard that Grandma Rene has been in the hospital lately. She is tough though and I'm sure she wll be ok. I will keep praying for her. She is such a good person and Grandma. She is loved by so many and has influenced so many peoples lives, including mine. She is pretty epic.
 
I love you all and hope that thing are going good. If they aren't, then go read the Book of Mormon. haha but really. The gospel is true. I love you. I will also attach a classic pic of Ireland. This is what all the country roads look like.
 
Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment