| Deep fried pizza |
Family~
This has been an excellent first official week in Springboig. The weeks are flying by. Seriously. We were able to get our 20 lessons again and we are pretty excited about that. We found a couple new investigators as well, and we have still been teaching 2 of the new investigators from last week. The catholic guy is still there, but I think he just likes to talk to me, to be honest. Hah he isn't very keen on keeping commitments. We will see this week, though. We were able to soft commit a guy we found named Jim to be baptised! I am way excited. We have taught him a few times and he really wants the peace that can come from reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. He has a lot of word of wisdom problems, so it won't be easy or fast, but I think he really has the desire to change.
Yesterday, after dinner, we still needed 3 more lessons to hit our goal of 20. We prayed that we would be able to hit it, and then we went to tract the high flat we had planned. We didn't even have to chap too many doors, but we ended up getting invited in to 3 different peoples houses. Unheard of! The first guy is a Muslim, but he also kept telling us that he is Rasta. He was just lighting up cigarettes left and right and smoking on us haha. But we were able to teach a bit about the Book of Mormon and gave him a copy to read and pray about. It was tough, because he doesn't understand english very well. There is so much diversity over here. Anyway, the second guy we found was named Andrew. I'm pretty sure he was "unaccountable" but we shared the Book of Mormon with him as well. He was excited, but we will see how it goes. The third guy was golden though. He is from Bangledesh and is here studying politics and economics. We shared 2 Nephi 31 and also talked about the Book of Mormon. He was WAY excited to get it and is going to start reading immediately. He has been looking at different religions and is trying to find peace in his life. His name is Faysal. I'm pretty excited ha.
Anyway, now onto the stuff you all want to hear about. I will tell you some more stuff about Scotland. Scotland is the only country where coke is not the most sold fizzy drink. (soda) By, the way, they don't call it soda here. It's fizzy drink or juice ha. Pretty much, anything that isn't water and doesn't have alcohol is juice. The national drink here is called IRN BRU. It's delicious. You should all order some. It's like the Mountain Dew of Scotland. EVERYONE drinks it. I actually bought some american mountain dew and some apple jacks at the american candy store last week. The apple jacks were £8. ERR that's ridiculous. I didn't know until they rang it up, so I just bought it. It is delicious though. All the cereal over here is different. Even the same ones have different names. IE Cinnamon toast crunch is called curiously cinnamon here. Frosted flakes are called frosties. They just like to change names. Also, the store TJ MAX is called TK MAX here. haha Well, since this paragraph is so random, I will add in more random stuff. Last week, I bought some deep fried pizza from a random shop and it was pretty good. It kind of looked like some hawked a lugi on it, but it's whatever. I'm honestly not picky anymore. It's weird. I just go around devouring everything. We had some delicious chilli with potatoes underneath it and it was way good. I don't like broccoli soup very much, but I eat it anyway. Here is another random thing that I forgot to tell you all. You can't get free soda refills at any of the fast food places. So I looked like a fool for awhile, because I just kept taking refills, until my companion told me to stop stealing. They don't have Fords or Chevys over here and they very rarely have trucks. The main brands are Peugeot, Vauxhall, BMW, Land Rover, and TONS of Mini coopers. I get pretty excited when I see a truck. The only trucks I ever see are Toyota Hillix's. ha
Well, yesterday was stake conference and it was way good. President Brown and Sister Brown spoke. He talked about why people over here have a hard time eccepting the gospel. He said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with their hearts, but it is the traditions of their fathers that keep them from enjoying the gospel blessings. Just like the lamanites in the Book of Mormon. We just have to find a way to touch their hearts, like all the great missionaries of the Book of Mormon did. We also had a member of the 70 there, which is really exciting, especially for Scotland. His name was Elder Fingerlicker. Not sure if that's exactly how to spell it. haha everyone thought his name was pretty hilarious. It was a good talk though. His name was pretty distracting.
I did some more pigeon teaching last week. Not really, ha but there were a bunch of pigeons so I stood in the middle of them and pulled out the Book of Mormon. I will attach some pics of the week in this email. I love you all and hope you have a great week. Keep doing your best and things will work out. Love you!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment