This week has been full of teaching the gospel and being dominated by drunk people. It was a good week. I will start by telling some of the funny things that have happened. But first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Emmy and Dude! Do something fun. Anyway. ..
When we were going to tract a high flat, we went in the bottom floor and there was a guy standing there acting casual in the corner. Upon further inspection, I realized that he wasn't wearing any shoes and that he was scarcely covered by a strange pair of shorts. He just said "alright boys" (the typical greeting in Scotland) so we just kept walking. Then all of the sudden we hear him shouting a bunch of profanity and jumping up and down and yelling really weird things. At this point, his shorts were falling off and so most of his butt was visible. Then, he starts trying to pull the guard rail out of the ground and all the time swearing more and more. We were trying to refrain from laughing, but it was quite difficult at the moment. We were about to go over and help him, but then consierge showed up and helped. I realize how not funny this sounds, but I found it amusing. haha He was probably just drunk.
A couple of days ago, we were waiting at the bus stop and we saw a drunk lady coming towards us. She was completely wasted and staggering all over the place. She was probably like 30 and quite "large". We knew this could be unpredictable. She walked up and shook Elder Quashies hand and then came towards me. I thought she was just going to shake my hand too, so I put my hand out. She grabbed my hand with an iron grip such as has never been known among men. Then, with the quickness of a puma and the strength of a polar bear, she pulled my hand to her face and kissed it for like 5 seconds, until I started pulling away pretty hard! THEN, she tried to pull me up off the bench, and I had to muster the strength to stay back. When she finally released my hand, she almost fell in the bushes, and then she left. That was the end of that.
I finally got to go to a Tartan shop! I bought the Braveheart tarten tie, the Macbeth tartan tie, and ordered a Goodwin tarten tie. There is not a Goodwin tartan, but they are from the Sterling clan. So I got the sterling tie. I checked a few different shops to make sure they weren't just making things up. They all said the same thing, so no worries. If anyone wants some tartan stuff, just tell me. It is really expensive though.
We always see tons of fox's here. It surprises me everytime, because I think I've only ever seen 1 fox in utah. They are EVERYWHERE here. They go into peoples back yards at night and are always messing things up. Sometimes, we see them right in the City. They have no fear, kind of like me. haha.
I really like the members here. There is a family named the Richardsons, and they remind me of our family. We have a dinner appointment there every Wednesday. They even have a son out on his mission in Ogden right now. They love it when I tell them of my crazy antics back home. They think it's hilarious. I always tell them about all of you and they want to meet you all. They are epic. There is also a family from the Philipines (however thats spelled) named the Paderengas. They make delicious food and are also lots of fun to visit. We have quite a few investigators right now and we are going to invite them to attend a baptism (missionaries from the other area) on Thursday. It should be really good for them to see that. Most of our investigators really struggle with smoking. I wish there was some magic way to just have someone quit smoking in 5 minutes. ha but we still have a overcoming smoking plan that works really well.
The weather here is starting to get colder. From what I've heard, there are only a few real differences between summer and winter. Even more rain and more wind. It's also definitely getting colder. I am excited to see what winter is like here. It's getting darker earlier and earlier everyday. Supposedly, in the middle of winter, we will only get like 5 or 6 hours of daylight everyday.
Well, I love you all and hope you have an epic week. Work hard and trust in the Lord.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment