![]() |
| Bus ride through Scotland. On my way to my new area. |
![]() |
| Glasgow City Centre |
![]() |
| Statue in front of the library. Every time someone in the city takes the cone off his head, someone else puts it back on the next night. |
Well, this week has been real, it's been fun, and it's been real fun. Before I start, I would like to formally say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MANDY!
There hasn't been too many crazy or comical things this week, but we had some good success. We hit our goal of 20 lessons again and that was good. On Friday, we went on exchanges with the assistants. They just recently got called to be traveling assistants instead of normal assistants. That means that they spend all of their time traveling to exchanges and back. That would be pretty tiring. President Brown called different people throughout Scotland and Ireland to be his cousellors. I'm excited to see how that works. President Griffiths never did that.
I was pretty nervous to go on exchanges with the assistants, but it was really good. Me and elder quashie split for the day and went throughout the area with our assigned assistant. ha we ended up teaching 10 lessons and finding 4 new investigators that day. The assistants were way impressed and it was a fun day. Anyway, we found a bunch of new investigators this week and so I am excited to teach them all again. We found out that one of our other investigators sniffed too much glue when he was young and that he likes cocaine. ha Missionaries meet some interesting people.
We always go and visit this less active guy who lives in an old folks home. He is only less active because he can't leave, but he never gets any visitors except us. He has pretty bad health, but he is way nice and cool. He tells us lots of stories and makes us tell him stories about the bible. hah it is pretty fun. The other member family reminds me of our family so much. I think I already told you all. They are the Richardsons. We just go there every Wednesday for dinner and it's hilarious. They just sit around and say funny things and the sisters mock everyone in sight. Then they love me to tell them stories of my past "redneck" antics. They just sit and laugh. A couple of their favorite stories are about Dad. Haha I told them the story about how he got injured on the trampoline and when he went off a jump in Brian Head on skiis. Their dad can relate and they loved it. haha
Last p-day we were gonna go golfing with an ex professional golfer that we found. He was going to take us out and show us some tips for driving. It was raining though, so we didn't get to do it. Hopefully, he will take us out some other time. It's starting to get kind of cold for golf, though. The weather is still random. It's funny because one minute it's sunny then the next it's really windy and cold and raining. I never know what to wear outside ha.
My flat is pretty nice. It has weights and so I get a good workout every morning. My biceps barely fit into my shirt. Hah not really but they are pretty massive. hah and we each have our own bathrooms. That is SO nice. All in all it's a good flat. When people ask where we live, and we tell them Shettleston Rd, we get some concerned looks, but I haven't seen anything epic yet. hah hopefully soon.
Well, that is all I have to say for now. I will go and download some pictures to walgreens.com for you all to see. I love you all! Go to church, read your scriptures, and pray. It's the only way to go!
Elder Goodwin



No comments:
Post a Comment