It has been an epic week. A week of triumphs and high achievement. A week of sorrows and misfortune. A week to be remembered. Ha not really it was a pretty average week.
I will start by spinning a tale for you all.
So there I was, sharing the gospel, walking down Shettleston Road, just minding my own business. It was a clear day and the sun was shining. As I continued down the path of righteousness, (Shettleston Road) I noticed something above me in the air, but it was too late! The seagull had me pinned down and before I could even react, said seagull had taken a dump on my backpack. Anyway, it was pretty nasty and I had to go and clean it off. I'm still looking for that seagull. One day I will get my revenge.
We still have a solid amount of investigators here, but they aren't really progressing. We've been doing a lot of finding to try and get a bigger teaching pool. I really like finding, because you never know who you might meet behind the next door. It could be someone who has been prepared by the Lord, or it could be someone who just got done smoking some crack. Haha it's been known to happen. We have been doing a lot of finding in some High flats in the area, and we have seen success come from it. Usually, people in more humble circumstances, are much more willing to listen to the Gospel and act on the things they learn. We just found an African family the other day who is pretty interested. Africans are really good because they already have a strong belief in Jesus Christ and they love to learn about prophets. We teach quite a few Africans.
Today, president Brown sent this epic paragraph in his letter.
Sometimes we wonder why, when we are working hard and giving all we can, we don’t see the blessings we think the Lord should give us it’s important to remember that we are to “wait upon the Lord”. Each of us need different trials to shape us into the person He wants us to be.
I like this quote from Elder Orson F. Whitney;
'No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable. It is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulations, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire.'
In Preach My Gospel we learn that “When you have done your best, you may still experience disappointments, but you will not be disappointed in yourself”
It helps me to know that no matter what happens, it really doesn't matter, as long as we are trying our best and being obedient. The Lord knows what's best and that's why he gives all of us individual trials. Sometimes, it might seem unfair, and your challenges might seem bigger than the challenges of everyone you know. But, it's only because God love you, and he knows that's what you need, so you can be with him again, and be the best person possible.
I will attach some sick pictures this week. LeBron James shirt, seagull poop, tartan ties, and whatever else.
I love you all. Stay strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment