Tuesday, October 30, 2012

10.30.12

Family-

It has been a good week full of interesting Glasgow experiences. I love this place. We emailed today because yesterday was District Leader/Zone Leader conference so they just moved p-day to Tuesday for the whole mission. I will first tell you of some of the great experiences from the past week. 

On Tuesday, I went on exchanges with Elder Robinson. He is from Australia. So, most of the day I just kept telling him to "THROW ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBY!" It was pretty funny. He kept getting frustrated and telling me that he never throws shrimps on barbecues. Our main focus in most of the lessons we had was that Australians like to throw shrimp on the barby. I told everyone that in Australia, when they get bored, they just go outside and throw shrimp at a barbecue. haha It was a funny day. 

Now, I will tell you of another crazy drunk person. We were waiting at the bus stop in front of our flat, at 1:00pm. We thought this would be a calm time of the day, but we were in for a surprise. I noticed that there was a drunk woman staggering up to the bus stop and I turned to Elder Windhausen and said, "Oh no." Of course he had no idea why I said that, because he hasn't been here that long. She came over and sat down and just stared at us for a few minutes. We were acting casual and keeping our distance, then all of the sudden she stood up and started running at Elder Windhausen, but she almost fell in the road. Then she sat back down. Then, she stood up again and got in a fullback position and put her fists up and came sprinting at us. All of the sudden she took flight and straight-up karate kicked Elder Windhausen in the thigh. Then she came at me, but I was just laughing, so she went back to Elder Windhausen and was just attacking him in the street for like a minute. She was too drunk to do any damage, but he was just standing there in the road trying to get away saying, "Stop it ma'am!" I was just standing off to the side laughing hysterically. I couldn't control myself. It was too funny. Luckily she turned her attention to a random chinese guy and started attacking him for awhile. Then she tried to get on a bus, but they wouldn't let her because she wouldn't put down her bottle. THEN, she was just standing there on the sidewalk and randomly fell over backwards and knocked herself out cold for a few second. We ran over and helped her up and sat her on the bench. When she gained consciousness, she just went back to her usual antics of attacking and trying to get on buses. Pretty funny day. 

Almost every other night, there are some local little kids who follow us back to our flat and heckle us. I think they are all ferocious wild animals disguised as humans. They are crazy. They love to bother us and heckle us because they know that missionaries can't do anything! errr! They were throwing soup at us the other night! haha 

I finally got to try some Haggis, yesterday! It was actually quite good. It's kind of like taco meat or something. Same kind of texture. 

We had the primary program at church on Sunday. It was soo funny. I love the primary programs. It was just like it is in the States. It's awesome how church is the same everywhere we go. That is one thing that has given Elder Windhausen lots of comfort when he gets homesick. 

We don't have many investigators right now, but that is ok. We will just keep working hard to find some new ones. We still teach lots of less active people, and I love that. I think that learning to teach less active members is something that will help me, not only on my mission, but when I get home, too. We have a few good potential investigators we will be seeing, so hopefully they will be solid. 

I love you all! Thank you for your encouragement and support. I hope you all have an awesome week. 
 
Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment