Hello
I was going to tell you all who my son is, but I don't really feel like it right now, so I probably won't Jk. As you may have guessed, he is from Germany. Near Fryborg. His name is Elder Windhausen. He is 19 and is REALLY excited to be here. That is good. He speaks English quite well, but still struggles with some words. I will teach him the ways though. I already taught him like 10 swear words and showed him how to punch hard, because that is part of the 12 week training program. I made it. It's called the 12 week program to becoming a man. HA! Not really. Training is pretty good. It was really funny to not be the new guy in the mission home. We got to go there and hiked up Pratt's Hill (Arthur's Seat) again. It was even better the second time. It's so pretty up there. It over looks all of Edinburgh and you can see a lot of Scotland from the top. I didn't get as tired when I hiked up there either, so I must be in better shape. Probably, considering the weight I've lost. All the new missionaries were so scared and it was hilarious. I'm excited to have Elder WIndhausen as a companion. He is struggling with adjusting to life in Scotland. haha I think mostly because he heard so many horror stories about Glasgow. He has really good desires and he is really obedient, and I'm sure he will be a great missionary. He is a champion. I will send a picture of him to you all.
I celebrated my 6 month mark last week by eating the package of goldfish I got from that package. It was a glorious celebration. Ha not really, it only lasted for like 20 minutes and then lunch was over. I can't believe I've already been out 1/4 of my mission. Time flies so fast. If anyone wants some souvenirs or anything just let me know and I will get some sent. Like any tartan ties or anything.
It has been getting dark pretty early lately. I think it starts getting dark at around 6 30 and it doesn't get light until about 8 30. The weather isn't too bad. Some days, we can still go out with just suit coats and we are fine. Usually I wear a rain coat, too, because it the weather is VERY random and it changes a lot. It has been raining a lot, but we have clear blue skies today. I'm excited about that. We are meeting up with some other Elders to go and do some green bowling after this. I don't know if that is what it's really called, but that's what we call it. We always play sports on p-day and it's amazing. We play floor hockey usually. I didn't know I liked hockey, but it's pretty fun. I've been trying to talk everyone into playing basketball, because I haven't played since I left the MTC. They have a few outdoor basketball courts in the city, but everyone just plays soccer on them. err.
Even though, we had less proselyting time this week because of training meetings, we still got 23 lessons. That is a pretty epic number if I do say so myself. And I do. We found a new investigator on the street and we have been meeting him on the street everyday and teaching him. It's pretty good. We say a prayer and everything right there on the street and he enjoys it. There are so many funny people on the streets. Last night, we stopped a guy and he said, "I'll just be honest with you lads, I'm really drunk right now, so I probably won't remember talking to you." ha So we just gave him a card and our number and told him to put it in his jacket pocket and look at it when he's sober. I would say that 80 percent of the people on the streets during the weekends are drunk. If it's later than 7. haha It's really funny. We have a few other investigators, but they aren't really progressing right now. One of them is just struggling with drug addictions. It's sad to see his house. It's filthy in there and he never has any food, because he spends it all on drugs. He even knows how bad it is for his health and what great things he could do if he could get off them, but the hold on him is really powerful. We are trying to get him to attend the addiction recovery program, but he gets nervous to go to the church, because it's like an hour away by bus.
The members here are really good. Especially the Richardsons. I already told you about them, I think. They are all very friendly to us.
Well, I hope you all have an awesome week. Keep your heads up and stay strong in the faith. I love you!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment