Monday, October 22, 2012

10.22.12


Haircut.


Edinburgh Castle from far away.

Pratt's Hill (Arthur's Seat)




Family!

Hey everyone, I didn't really get stabbed, in case you were wondering. That would be pretty awesome if I did, though. Not really....maybe? ha! No, I will just go get in some pub fights instead. 

It has been a great week. I am enjoying training. My German companion is a pretty good trainee. He works hard and has really good desires. I always tell him that maybe someday, if he works really, really hard, he will be like me. haha Not really. He speaks English quite good and he is already pretty good at teaching. It's pretty fun to train. He is homesick a lot, but that is only normal. Everyone feels the same thing when they come out, especially right at first. The only thing that bugs me about training is the extra hour of study we do in the morning. It makes the morning pass so slowly! We make sure to get a lot from it, though. 

I had an extraordinary accomplishment this week. I cut my own hair! I was pretty scared, but all the other Elders kept talking me into it. I just grabbed the trimmer one night and went for it. I cut the top 16mm and the sides shorter. It actually turned out pretty good! It is a good skill to know and will save me money every month. I will attach a picture so you can all see how studly I look with my haircut. 

The district I am in right now is awesome. We have 4 other Elders. Elder Parson, Elder Robinson, Elder Crosby, and Elder Griffin. It's quite fun. We are all obedient and hard working, but also like to joke around and have fun. I think it's so important that we all learn to laugh in our lives. It makes things pretty miserable to be serious and unhappy all the time. I've learned to laugh when people yell at us or mock us. I just think it's hilarious now! ...anyway.. our district is awesome. That's the main point. We ate at Burger after district meeting and it was delicious. Everytime we go there I get the Double Bacon Cheeesburger XL. Supersized. Dominant meal. We usually eat wraps or sandwiches or frozen pizza at the flat. We also buy some wings that are pretty good. Sometimes I cook spaghetti or something. Sometimes, when the Zone Leaders or District Leaders call us, I answer the phone by saying, "Hello this is President Goodwin." It's pretty funny. We all get a long really well. I always tell them that I have a lot on my plate when they ask me to do stuff. They think it's hilarious. Sometimes I call the Zone Leaders and tell them that I probably can't proselyte today because I have a pretty bad hangnail or other absurd reasons. One time I told them that I had a medical condition called dandruff and that it would probably keep me stuck in bed for the next couple weeks. But, ya, it's a fun time. 

We had an amazing experience with a new investigator yesterday. All of our investigators dropped last week, so we do a TON of finding. We met this young guy (probably around 22) on the street and had a lesson and prayer with him right there, and he said to call him later and we could come by. So we called him and set up an appointment for Sunday. When I called him on Sunday, I honestly didn't think he would answer. He answered and said he was pretty hung over, but that we could still come over. We went there and had the best restoration lesson I have had so far on my mission. He agreed with everything. He said he used to be Catholic, but he didn't agree with the way they prayed or did church and a lot of other things. He was so excited to Read the Book of Mormon and find out for himself. He even said the prayer at the end. The Spirit was definitely there. I really hope that he will honor his next appointments because he truly is a "golden" investigator. 

It rained everyday all day last week, except for yesterday. It stays dark for a long time, and it gets pretty cold sometimes. I had to wear my big coat almost everyday. Anyway, I though I would share that because lot's of you are curious about the weather here. 

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week. Stay true to your beliefs and study the scriptures. They give me so much hope and happiness. Ya, that's right, I'm committing you to read the scriptures. I love you all!

Elder goodwin


No comments:

Post a Comment