Let it be known, that this week I officially need to buy some new shoes. My Ecco's are done for and the other ones I bought are too big, so they suck to walk really far in because my feet slide around. They have some good shoe stores here, but everything is just so dang expensive. I will probably buy more ecco's because they dominate the church shoe planet. Seriously, the ones I've worn since I left are more comfortable than my running shoes. But, now they are worn down and have cracks and holes in them, and since it's always raining here, my feet keep getting wet.
The new senior couple here are awesome. The Wilson's. They are from the Toronto area in Canada. They treat us like we are their grandkids and it's soo nice. They feed us every Monday and come teaching with us all the time. ha Sister Wilson is still terrified of driving here, but she is getting better. They are the best.
I have learned how to cook some delicious roast potatoes and I am excited to show you all when I get home. I have never seen them cooked this way in America, but then again, I hated potatoes when I was home. Ha But ya, I'm learning how to cook some stuff so that I can show you all the ways someday.
The David family is still doing great. Except none of our investigators came to church this Sunday. That was annoying, but we will do better this week. If they keep letting us teach them and come to church the next few weeks they will be baptised really soon. The huge African guy named Christian is doing well. He told us that he can always feel the Spirit very strong when we teach, and that is the most important part.
Other than that, not too else to report. I ate some more African food, bought a bagel and preached the Gospel. I love you all and hope things are going good. Have an awesome week!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment