Hello!
Well, just as the subject line says, we have received moves call 7. I would tell you what's happening, but I don't feel like it right now. Ok, I will tell you. Elder Holbrook is moving over to Scotland to be a District Leader and I will be staying here and training another new missionary. So I will be Young Mens President, District leader and trainer. Should be pretty exciting. My posterity is growing large as I will now have two sons. I'm honestly not too excited to train because, yet again, we will have to study in the flat for another hour, plus the extra 30 minutes for DL planning. We will be inside until 11:30 almost everyday. Studies from 8 to 11:30. I usually mix it up and take ten minute breaks after every hour to keep myself from going insane. haha
I got the package with my ipod and it's awesome. Thank you very much. I love the music you put on it. The socks were well needed as well! Plus American candy is the best around. Especially golfish crackers. That's what I'm talkin about!
Last week I went into the American Candy store they have here to check things out. They had a bunch of stuff from America like Lucky Charms, but the prices are ridiculous. Almost 10 Euro for a box of cereal. I found a box of hostess twinkies in there. The last box available and I immediately purchased it. I don't even think they know hostess is out of business. So I probably have the last box of twinkies on the planet. No big deal.
This week has been good. We have a ton of kilometers left over on our monthly car mileage limitation, so we have been able to go around to all the surrounding little town to do finding. Our area is huge and it takes well over and hour to drive from one end to the other. We have had some pretty good success. For some reason, we have been finding a bunch of Brazilians lately. They are way humble and nice. We have some return appointments this week, so hopefully it will pan out.
Lately, we have been mixing up our finding ideas to try and find something different to do once in awhile. We went to all the local hospitals and tried to sign up for clergy, but it was more difficult than we thought. Most of them didn't have a list, because they just assume that everyone will be Catholic anyway, so the local priests just come in as clergy. We have also been doing a lot of street contacting (talking to people as we walk) out on Galway Bay. It's so pretty out there, but the wind is ferocious. It just blows all day.
The David's are still awesome. We taught the the law of chastity and the word of wisdom last week and it went really well. It sucks teaching the Law of Chastity, but it has to be done. haha Henry is 17 and he felt so awkward the whole time. It was pretty funny. This week, we will be teaching the law of tithing and then they will decide where they want to be baptized. They can either choose from the ocean or the river corrib. Unless they want to travel to Limerick because that is the closest font. At least an hour and half drive. The branch strongly recommends the to be baptized in the ocean or river even though it will be freezing. That is usually where they have the baptisms here. That would be so epic. It's up to them though.
I had the opportunity to kebabtize the Wilson's (senior couple) here. On Saturday, we got them to participate in MANOK (moves anticipation night of kebabs) and try their first kebabs. It was way fun.
That is really sad about the Lunt family. I will definitely be praying for them and I'm sure many others will be too.
I love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment