I know you have all been wondering what the superbowl hype is over here. Well, let me just tell you how it is. It is pretty much non existent. There are only a few people who know what's going on with it and what teams were playing in it, and they only know because they like America. I would say that it is definitely not the most watched sporting event in the world. Probably the most watched would be the world cup for soccer. America is pretty much the only country that doesn't really care about soccer. Everyone says that they hope that we never get into it because we are too big and too good at perfecting things, so it would be unfair. haha.
I got to watch a pretty good CES fireside yesterday after church. President Uchtdorf was the main speaker and he talked about how we can know truth in this world. He emphasized that there is a lot of information on the internet and everywhere else that can make it hard to find truth. But we all have a source of help that can assure us of any truth we want to know. God. He talked about how truth is beyond belief. Truth is still true, even if nobody believes it. We just need to search the scriptures and use prayer to find real truth. It was way good.
I went on another exchange to tralee last Tuesday, this time with a new missionary from Denmark. His name is Elder Norrup and he is pretty funny. He is engaged already, so all through the day, I kept asking him for his fiance's address so that I could start writing her. It was bugging him. haha. We had a really good day, though.
We still have 3 people with a baptismal date this month. The David family. They are the ones from Nigeria and they are so awesome. Henry David is 17 and me and him get a long way good. I just talk to him about basketball and rap and the Gospel. haha So it looks like it paid off for me to listen to rap. Don't worry, I only recommend wholesome rap songs to him that don't swear. ha, He is way good though. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and he loves it. He always asks such good questions and takes notes when we teach.
I love you all. That is pretty much all I have to say today. Have an awesome week.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment