| Fancy steak dinner. |
| Birthday |
| Saying Good-Bye |
| President Flygare |
| Glasgow Cemetary |
| Saying Good-Bye |
Here's the week ladies.
On Tuesday, after District meeting, I went on an exchange with Elder Davidson to Tralee. He is from Idaho and is pretty awesome. To get to Tralee, we drive to Limerick, which takes about an hour and a half, then I took the bus with him, which took another 2 hours. So it's pretty dang far away from Galway. We did lots of finding and it was a really good day. We talked to a guy on the street and he ended up crying. It was a pretty neat experience. Anyway, it's also a biking area, so that is the first time I've rode a bike on my mission. My butt was pretty sore and While I was riding some teenagers hit me with a snowball. I decided not to retaliate because I'm a missionary. haha otherwise I would've reigned down justice. I also tried this shock therapy maching for my morning exercise. It's one of the things you strap to your biceps and abs and then you just sit there and it works out your muscles. I'm not sure how it ended up in a missionary flat but it was funny. I turned it up all the way and it made my arms spaz out. pretty awesome. I tried to roll some dice while my arm was spazzing out.
The Branch President here is a legend. President Flygare. He is from America and has been here for a few years with is wife because his company pays him bank to be here. He designs surgical tubing or something. He took us out to dinner last week to this fancy restaurant and made me get a steak that was 25 euro. It was awesome. He also took us on a tour of his work for youth and it is crazy. It's in a huge building with a bunch of massive science labs.
We still have 3 people with a date, but we rescheduled them for February 23. It's an African family named the Davids. They always come to church, they are just soo busy that it's hard for them to find time to meet with us. We are seeing them this week and I really think they will make this date. We also have an African named Ade who wants to be baptised. He already tells everyone he is a member and we explained to him that we need to teach him a few more things, so we are meeting with him this week as well. He will probably also be baptised in February.So things are looking really good.
We found some new investigators this week that are awesome. The guys name is James and his wifes name is Melissa. They also have a bunch of kids, but we haven't taught them yet. They are all Irish. We taught James on his porch the first 2 times and then when we called by yesterday, he said he had read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet we gave him a bunch of times. He really liked the ideas in it and finally invited us into his house. He said that he never invites people into his house, but he can tell we have good hearts and he likes us. We really just spend a lot of time listening to him. He has some crazy stories to say the least. Anyway, it was probably one of the best lessons of my mission. We didn't have any structure, but we just listened to him and shared simple things and asked him questions. He also like talking to me about wrestling and boxing. ha
The weather here has been terrible lately. Way windy and way cold. I'm pretty sure it hasn't stopped raining for over a week. haha And we do hours of finding (tracting or street contacting) everyday, so it's pretty interesting. There are random hail storms and crazy downpours of rain. Definitely more wet than Utah haha.
Well, here's a pretty crazy announcement. I just got an email today telling me my new release date. The original was supposed to be April 9, 2014. They have now changed it to April 16, 2014. It says that I can ask them to make it earlier if I really want, but I will probably just leave it. So that's the way the cookie crumbles.
I love you all, as usual. Keep the faith and have an awesome week.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment