It's been a good first week in Galway. I will tell you what went down.
I had an awesome Birthday on Friday. Thank you to everyone who sent me packages and letters, it was way nice. We celebrated by going to dominos and getting some pizza. I told them to just put it on my tab. Then they made me pay because I don't have a tab. Not really but the pizza was delicious. Dominos here is way better than it is in America. But Pizza Hut is a lot worse here. It was a good birthday.
We did some service for the O'Toole family on Wednesday. Ha their name is so Irish. Anyway, we helped them plant a chestnut tree. Pretty random, I know, but it was way fun. I just used my hole digging expertise and then helped him put the tree in. It was a full grown chesnut tree. Not really, it was still prettty small. ha
I am becoming a professional at driving on the left side of the road. I've gotten soo good in fact, that President Brown has given me a special assignment to start breaking the law, to make things more exciting. Hah not really I'm still getting used to it. It's been surprisingly easy to get used to driving on the left side of the road. The Irish roads are all soo tiny. It's exactly like I imagined the roads would like like. They curve a lot and go through little villages. It's pretty awesome. I will give you all lifts when you come here. We had to go out and buy a sat nav (GPS) so that we wouldn't be lost all the time, so I used some of my birthday money for that.
The missionary before me finished his mission and has been touring England/Scotland/Ireland with his parents. They came to church on Sunday and it was pretty weird. He was still wearing his badge and said he did some street contacting while they were touring the different cities. ERRRR haha
Almost all of our investigators are Africans and Africans are awesome. They are so spiritual. I am actually gonna be playing basketball with this 16 year old African kid on Saturday. I got permission from President Brown because I am the YM president. It should be pretty fun. We don't have many lessons, so we have to do TONS of finding. But that's ok. We will find people to teach. The 3 people with a scheduled baptismal date just showed up in the church here a couple months ago. They are too busy for us to teach them much, but they go to church and want to be baptised. So ya, the area is pretty blessed.
Anyway, I love you all. I'm sooo happy to hear about the miracles that have been happening in your lives. Family is everything and I would do anything for any of you. I love you all.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment