"Karate Kid" at Loch Lomond
|
| Viper |
| Picture of the escapade in the highlands. |
So here's the deal. We got moves call yesterday. and that's all I have to say about that. Actually, I'm getting moved to Galway in the Republic of Ireland as District Leader. I am really sad to leave this area, but I heard Galway is the prettiest place in the mission. It's where The Quiet Man -John Wayne movie was filmed and also where a part of the Princess bride was filmed. Everyone is jealous, but I like it here in the hood. Ha! It is sad to leave, but that's what you have to do on a mission.
Well, I'm not really supposed to be emailing a lot today so I will just throw in a couple of cool things that happened lately. It has been the most exciting couple days of my whole mission so far. Yesterday, we got to go up into the highlands to a place called Oban because a woman was getting confirmed there and she wanted us to be there. A guy who knows the area drove us up in his Audi A8, which is a really really expensive car. He took us on a tour of all the awesome stuff. Like castles and lochs and churches and highland cows and everything else. It was some of the prettiest places I've ever seen. The house we went to was the biggest house I've ever been in. Right on top of a huge mountain with a view like I've never seen. Then one of the brothers showed us his 97 Dodge Viper GT (still brand new) all customized and tricked out. He got it shipped there from California and he let me get in and start it up. It was sooooo awesome. I had Elder Witt take a video of it for proof. Anyway, we also had sacrament in their house because it's a really small town and there was nowhere to meet. That was a really neat experience and the spirit was strong. I also held a parrot that they have and did a bunch of other awesome stuff. I saw loch lomond and Ben Lomond and took pictures by both of them and lots of other stuff. So ya it was incredible.
Anyway I better go. I will email you my new address and stuff on Wednesday. I love you all.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment