Well, I finally got a baptism on my mission!!!! And it was epic.
We baptized the David family last Friday in the river Corrib. The river that runs straight through Galway. We told them to do it in Limerick, but they wanted to do the river. It was so awesome. But, it was sooooo cold. Freezing! I baptized the Mom and the daugher. Anna and Hannah. Elder Nordfors baptised the 17 year old boy. Henri. I was the first out there and we could only go out a few feet before a massive drop off, but it wasn't even waist deep where we had to stand. Anna was so shocked by how cold the water was when I was helping her in. haha she just kept saying really loudly how cold it was. Anyway, I said the prayer and went to baptize her, but she didn't lean back, instead she just like squated down, and kept her hand out of the water on accident. ha So we had to do it again, but got it good the second time. Then Hannah (the daughter) got in the river, but she felt the cold and instantly started crying. She is only 8 so that is what we expected. She was saying she didn't want to go, and I was trying to comfort her and tell her nice stuff, but her Mom was like, "HANNAH! GO OUT THERE!" "DON'T LET HER COME BACK TO SHORE!" ha I was so confused. Eventually we decided to let the older brother go before her. Then she went in and was still crying a bit, but we did it fast. They said they all felt awesome after it, even though it was cold. When I finally got out of the river, my feet and legs were completely numb. hah I tried to put on a flip flop, but I couldn't feel my toes to put it on. I was wearing white socks, but everyone could see straight through the socks how red my feet had gone from the cold. It was awesome. They will be getting confirmed this Sunday in Sacrament. We even had a couple of investigators come to the baptism. Winner and Jude.
So, I am pretty dang excited for the Temple In Cedar City! It was so neat to hear the name of my home during General Conference. Straight from President Monson. When does the construction begin? That will be so exciting for everyone to have a temple and it will be a good motivator to make good choices. Ha We will always have a temple to stare at when we are making a choice. I loved conference. Elder Holland gave a powerhouse talk as usual. And one of the Sisters mentioned are mission motto. That stone she was talking about is still in our mission home. All the new missionaries and their trainers get a picture by it. I have 3 pictures by it now.
Well, those are pretty much the big things happening here. Not much else has happened. We are planning on going to see some country with the Wilsons on Thursday. It should be fun. We will probably see a bunch of castles and we are planning on going to Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney stone soon. Then I will have the gift of gab. ha!
I better share a spiritual thought since it was conference. I found this in my studies today. The only time we can be on neutral ground is before we join the church. Once we join, we can never be neutral again. If we are keeping the baptismal covenant by following Christ then we are living righteously and doing good. If we are not living righteously or doing good, then we are following Satan. There is no neutral ground, there is no in between. Hence, there is no such thing as a fence sitter. We have to choose a side.
I love you all! Have a good week.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment