So it's been another epic week preaching the word in Ireland.
Yesterday we went touring the Connemara National park again. This time with the Wilsons. We all had a blast. We saw a couple castles and some cool loughs and Elder Wilson paid for us all to go see Kylemore Abby. That was the second time I've seen it, but it was still awesome. Even though you can only see like 3 of the rooms in the castle because the nuns still live in the rest of it. Crazy nuns. ha! I will send some pictures of the touring party we had. I finally got to sit on the bridge from the Quiet Man movie!! The Wilson's knew I've been dreaming about it, so they took us out. The bridge is tiny, but it was worth it because john wayne sat on it at some point. They have the picture of him sitting on a sign by the bridge, so I tried to copy his pose, but it was really windy, so I couldn't do it. And I didn't have a paddy cap. I will send the pictures anyway. I was way excited because I've been watching John Wayne movies since I was a wee boy. (Especially with Granny)
We had a miracle happen at church. A lady we've been working with named Shannon, couldn't come to church because her 4 year old son has bad anxiety, so we didn't really push the issue. She is sooo solid though. On Sunday, we were standing at the door greeting people, as usual, and all of the sudden she comes strolling in with her son. It was so random and exciting. Her future is definitely very bright.
I went on another exchange to Tralee with a missionary named Elder Norup. The one from Denmark. It was really fun and the new Senior couple down there is awesome. They are named the Crabb's. Elder Crabb used to be a barber, so he gave me a haircut, but my hair was too thick and he ended up messing up his trimmer. haha My hair is crazy. Anyway, we got harrassed by a bunch of wasters (rebel teenagers) but ended up having pretty good converersations with them. We were talking to a couple of them who approached us by a funeral home, and out of nowhere they just wheel out this dead guy and stick him in the car. It was pretty creepy but pretty dang funny. The teenagers were freaking out and then we just talked about the Plan of Salvation. Ha!
I've been eating so many kebabs lately. But, I've been running to cancel out the unhealthiness. We pretty much use any excuse we can to get a kebab because they are delicious and dodgy. You never know what the heck is in those things but they are soo good. I will take you all to some delicious kebab places someday. You will love them. Most of you will at least.
Well, other than that, not too much to report. I got some air jordan shorts via trade from another missionary. I don't know how I pulled it off. I offered him a stained paisley tie and some really old basketball shorts and we made a trade. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this but it was pretty funny. And now I have some nice shorts.
I love you all! Read Matthew 5:48 and then read 3 Nephi 12:48. It's pretty cool.
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment