| Epic sunset at the Flygares' home. |
| Walker's Farm |
Another awesome week in Galway.
The biggest thing was the confirmation of the David family. I confirmed Henri and Elder Nordfors confirmed Hannah and Anna. It was really spiritual and neat. Henri made and recorded a rap for us about the plan of salvation and missionaries. It's pretty dang cool. So now, I have a rap from one of my investigators that I can keep with me all the time. He put it on my flash drive so that we can listen to it whenever. We also had 4 investigators and 9 less active members come to church, which was a huge miracle. Elder Wilson must be doing some good work as the Branch President.
On Saturday, we went out to the O'Tooles house and helped Pres. O'Toole build a bigger chicken coope. It was hilarious and fun. It rained the whole time and it was cold, but it was well worth it. They named one of their chickens after me. They named it Winnie. haha. Then I helped him clip the feathers of the chickens so that they won't fly away. It was a a blast.
On Thursday, we had a surprise party for the Flygares because they are moving back to America in a couple weeks. We had so many people show up to support them that haven't been to church in a long time. It was awesome. Activities are the key to reactivations. We ate a bunch of American style hot dogs which was also awesome. I haven't had hot dogs since I was home. These days I'm just such a master chef. Ha! I cooked some mashed potatoes and chicken for us last week and it was delicious. That's the first time I've ever cooked mashed potatoes. I will allow you all to taste of my glorious cooking skills upon my return home someday.
We were walking through City Centre the other day, in the middle of a bunch of rain and not having much success, when a family came up to us and said, "Hey it's the missionaries!" With an American accent. That never happens over here so we were pretty mind blown. It was some Americans who are living on a military base in Germany, who are on vacation here in Ireland. They took us to the American Diner in town called Eddie Rocket's and bought us dinner. It was way nice and so unexpected. Their last name is Urton and they are from Murray.
That's about it for this week. We are going to help out on Dennis Walkers farm again this week. Hopefully it gets warmer though. It's been raining all the time and there has been a freezing wind blowing in from Russia or something like that, but it's almost gone now. Anyway, last time we went to his farm he had me digging up huge rocks with a pick axe and then we would put the rocks in a wheel barrow and push it up a massive hill. It was exhausting. Every time we would get to the top of the hill, my legs would start to give out. It was way nice to get such a good work out. Me and Elder Nordfors have been running 2 miles most morning so that is helping us stay in shape too.
I love you all! Stay strong!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment